Author Topic: Impossible to update my Avast Virus definition & Program  (Read 5930 times)

JMC66

Impossible to update my Avast Virus definition & Program
« on: July 22, 2012, 10:14:34 PM »
Hi everybody,

I am using a computer with os "XP, SP3", and since the "7 version" has been installed on this computer, I can't download the updates.  I tried to do it manually, but nothing happens, my Avast screen seems to be frozen.

During the last weeks, I removed this version with the specific "avast tool" (aswclear), and re installed the latest version : no change.
I removed again this version to re install an old version (4.8), all the updates for this old version worked very well, but I received an automatic message from the avast center saying that this old version is not the best one, etc etc. I am a good boy, so I decided to once again perform an update to the  "7 version"==>impossible to update the virus definition & program when the installation was completed :-(
The registration procedure is ok, I am registered normally.

Up today, my virus definition is the version 120703-0, and the software is the 7.0.1456

I am french and I tried to get help on the french side of this forum, but there is nothing new since a (too) long time, and I know that I'm not alone with this kind of problem.

Thanks for your help.

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
Re: Impossible to update my Avast Virus definition & Program
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2012, 11:04:58 PM »
Do you have a firewall?
If so, what firewall?

Offline Lyon :))

« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2012, 11:15:33 PM »
Try this .

Open avast -> Click "Settings" ->On the left side click "Updates" -> and then under "Update Parameters" check "My computer is permanently connected to the internet" click "OK" and then try to update  ;)

Also if you're not using proxy (if you have direct connection) click on "Proxy settings" and check "Direct Connection (no proxy ) click "ok" and that's it :D

It should work  :P

Cheers  :)
« Last Edit: July 22, 2012, 11:18:05 PM by Lyon275 »

JMC66

« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2012, 12:04:36 PM »
Thanks a lot, Pondus and Lyon275 (are you french ???), I think the problem is fixed now, I had my first update this morning after changing the proxy parameters from "auto detection" to "direct connection".

I have a second computer wich is using the "auto detection", and it works well, so I don't understand why I have to change this parameter.

But, whatever, the most important is that my problem is fixed.

Thanks again ;-)

Offline Lyon :))

« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2012, 08:05:45 PM »
No i'm not french  ;D I'm from Serbia :P  :P

I'm glad you solved your problem , i had this issue on my old machine a year ago xD

Dont know why you need to change that parameter . For someone it's needed i guess dont know why  :P

Most important is that you solved your problem 8)

Cheers  ;)