Author Topic: "Find Computers" task - only look in certain OUs of AD  (Read 4553 times)

HomeNet

"Find Computers" task - only look in certain OUs of AD
« on: July 18, 2012, 03:59:50 PM »
I've recently set up AEA (v7.0.223) and am having trouble with the default discovery task - "Find Computers."  I can get it to pull in everything from Active Directory but I only want it to pull from a certain Organization Unit.  I've found where I think I can tweak that setting.  In the properties of said task, Detection (Advanced) has an option I may be able to use: Detect machines in selected domains/workgroups only.  How do I specify an OU from my AD in there? 

The Help button doesn't seem to do anything, by the way....  I'd be fine if it gave something even if it were of no help but nothing pops up at all.

wpn

Re: "Find Computers" task - only look in certain OUs of AD
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2012, 12:48:03 PM »
There is no option to target a specific OU in AD unfortunately.

Maybe you can post your request in the thread for RFC that i made, the same way the other RFC's are posted?

HomeNet

« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2012, 01:45:42 PM »
There is no option to target a specific OU in AD unfortunately.

Maybe you can post your request in the thread for RFC that i made, the same way the other RFC's are posted?

Done.  I didn't know what you meant but I looked at the rest of the posts in your profile and found some in what looked like where you wanted me to go.  Hope I guessed correctly...  http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=101270.msg813524#msg813524

wpn

« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2012, 04:04:38 PM »
Yeah thats exactly the thread i meant :)

Maybe you can edit your post to conform to layout of the other RFC requests? Makes the thread easier to read and gives the avast team better grip on the RFC's and reporting back to us