Author Topic: virus every login  (Read 3630 times)

blkbuttafly

virus every login
« on: August 30, 2003, 02:57:06 AM »
it seems like every time i log onto the internet, if im on for several hours, avast will find a virus. fine. i'll run a deep scan, it finds the virus, i delete them. then, the next day, it seems like the same virus is found again on my system. again, i'll run the deep scan, but then there are a bunch of files that avast was unable to open. the files look like cookies or something.

Can anyone help me get avast to scan these junk looking files?

BoaRd bRYce

Re:virus every login
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2003, 06:29:09 AM »
Mine did that too.  It was on my secondary hard drive (D:) and it was always in the recycle bin.  It found it every time I logged in, with the exception of the first time I turn on my computer.  It went away after about a week and a half...

whocares

« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2003, 02:10:22 PM »
Hi,

the exact virusname and location (full path and filename + extension)
would be real helpful here.. ;)
What WIN do you have ?
If 2000/XP: have you applied the Blaster/Lovsan/RPC-Patch (info: on avast virusinfo or almost everywhere here in the Board) :)

Have you done a full scan in SafeMode (F8-Boot) ? then there should be fewer locked files..

BoaRd bRYce

« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2003, 07:43:01 PM »
I don't know if this is the same one buttafly had, but mine was this:
"Win32:Parite" has been found in "D:\RECYCLER\S-1-5-21-117609710-1606980848-1060284298-500\Dd115.exe" file.
It was always a slightly different exe file name (such as Dd105 instead of 115) and it was always in application 456.  I couldn't figure out what was going on, but it stopped after a while.  I have XP Home.