Author Topic: can't get rid of avast notice  (Read 3161 times)

nicollo47

can't get rid of avast notice
« on: July 13, 2012, 05:22:19 PM »
i can't remove the "avast! is analyzing a suspicious program" notice, clicking on the "Terminate now" button has no effect --- it has been running for over 44 minutes

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: can't get rid of avast notice
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2012, 05:30:21 PM »
Are you actually trying to run this DTHtml.exe (and do you know what it is) ?
http://www.processlibrary.com/directory/files/dthtml/28228/

Have you tried the Terminate Now button ?
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

jswalker145

« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2012, 04:15:54 PM »
I too am having this problem.  One particular program (and Eclipse variant) falls victim to the auto-sandbox feature in Avast! Internet Security v7.0.1456.  Nothing I can find will prevent this - disabling auto-sandbox, adding this particular program as an exception, changing the auto-sandbox settings to "ask" instead of "auto", disabling all real-time shields all do nothing.

I could possibly live with this program running in the sandbox, but the notification window stays in the foreground and cannot be closed.  Really annoying. And as nicollo47 mentioned, the "Terminate now" button closes the program, but does not close the notification window.  Not terribly helpful.

Does anyone have a solution for this?

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2012, 05:01:23 PM »
Personally I would recommend that you set the AutoSandbox mode to Ask, this gives greater interactive control, but my present problems for an inexperienced user if they don't know about what a program does and if it is legit, etc. when the AutoSandbox Asks what you want to do (Run normally and remember your answer for this program, etc.).

But since you say you have done all of this and more yet nothing; this I find hard to believe, if the autosandbox is disabled and or you have an exclusion in the autosandbox exclusions, then the program shouldn't be intercepted. So more detailed information of exactly what you have done could help.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security