Author Topic: Java Deployment Toolkit ??????  (Read 6161 times)

Andyonline

Java Deployment Toolkit ??????
« on: July 20, 2012, 08:39:43 PM »
Hi I was just have a browse around my Winpatrol tabs and noticed I had Java Deployment Toolkit installed. I had in fact uninstalled Java from my PC but the Deployment Toolkit is still there somewhere on my PC.

Also when I run msconfig, there is is a SunJava update in the startup entries but its disabled.

I dont think I have a need for Java as it hasnt presented any problems thus far since uninstalling so can someone advise either how to remove the above or whether Java should be installed again.

I think the reason I uninstalled it previously was to mimimise security issues

Any comments gratefully received.

Thanks

Andy

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: Java Deployment Toolkit ??????
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2012, 09:47:56 PM »
Where are you seeing the Java Deployment Toolkit in winpatrol ?
I have JAVA installed and I don't see any instance of the Java Deployment Toolkit.

The uninstall clearly didn't do the job at the very least it shouldn't leave a disabled startup entry it should remove it. Check out this JAVA Removal tool, http://sourceforge.net/projects/javara/.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2012, 09:49:58 PM by DavidR »
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Andyonline

« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2012, 10:05:43 PM »
DavidR,  please see the screenshot.

Just wondering if this has something to do with Macrium Reflect which required a large file of over 1 gig to download to do a pe restore disc ?

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2012, 12:26:52 AM »
I doubt it has anything to do with Macrium Reflect, but as it says on the tin the deployment of JAVA, it is an IE activeX control. You can check for the presence of the actual file deployjava.dll, but if you have uninstalled JAVA I would have though that too would have been removed, so you need to investigate the java removal tool that I mentioned javara to get rid of remnants..
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2012, 04:56:12 AM »
Andyonline if you check the path with WinPatrol of the java DLL, which should be under windows or system32 you can delet from there.