Author Topic: Avast at startup (Resolved)  (Read 16909 times)

xpphil

Re: Avast at startup
« Reply #30 on: August 04, 2012, 10:44:05 AM »
Ok think I'll choose lifetime firewall with 50% off. Thanks to both of you with as I said before, special thanks to DavidR for his fine help all along this thread.

xpphil

« Reply #31 on: August 04, 2012, 10:50:03 AM »
Should I do something special here to say I've had the answers I was waiting for and the thread be closed as far as I am concerned? (didn't find a botton or flag for that here)

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #32 on: August 04, 2012, 01:35:28 PM »
Ok think I'll choose lifetime firewall with 50% off. Thanks to both of you with as I said before, special thanks to DavidR for his fine help all along this thread.

No problem, glad I could help.

You can go back to the first post in this topic and click the 'Modify' button in the post and add [Resolved] to the topics title. Topics remain open.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

NomDeKeyz

« Reply #33 on: August 06, 2012, 12:51:49 AM »
This isn't something I've come across before in the forums (avast tray icon not appearing until after the connection).

For the record,

I had this happen to me when I was using XPpro64. I also ended up disabling my internet before shut-down, and enabling it again as needed. I was told on this forum that the precaution I was taking was not needed, but I took it anyway.

I never had the issue on XPpro32, I am no longer using XPpro64, I am currently using 7pro64 w/o this issue.

I just thought to post because DavidR hadn't seen this before... My old post is likely stashed somewhere if you think it would be of interest...
Thanx for being helpful, even if this no longer applies to me. I appreciate your efforts, and I learned a bit by following this post. *Cheers*