Author Topic: STEAM false positive  (Read 42450 times)

AuraofVengeance

Re: STEAM false positive
« Reply #15 on: July 27, 2012, 10:26:24 AM »
Same deal, I'm on 120726-2 and it thinks steam has a virus. Whatever its flagging is breaking steam overlay.

true indian

« Reply #16 on: July 27, 2012, 10:29:25 AM »
I got the same issue. I'm unable to start Steam. You guys at Avast better sort this or I'm switching to another Antivirus program.

that aint the solution at all  ::) ...report the files blacklisted to virus@avast.com

send the files there with topic false positives and wait until next few virus defination updates..avast doesnt give a lot of FP's by the way..

I dont understand...when u use any AV program u must be ready to be patient enough to solve your issues...
« Last Edit: July 27, 2012, 10:33:05 AM by true indian »

watchthisspace

« Reply #17 on: July 27, 2012, 10:36:10 AM »
I have this issue too and to be honest, I'm really not happy.

vstdlib_s.dll is the one it's blocking.

true indian

« Reply #18 on: July 27, 2012, 10:37:23 AM »

best to do is add a exclusion in file shield for the file...if u are impatient  :P

Fail

« Reply #19 on: July 27, 2012, 10:44:21 AM »

"vstdlib_s.dll is the one it's blocking."

Have the same problem.  :(

true indian

« Reply #20 on: July 27, 2012, 10:48:26 AM »

"vstdlib_s.dll is the one it's blocking."

Have the same problem.  :(

I said already...send to virus@avast.com with subject False positive OR upload via chest as FP and update definations manually...and wait for next few updates

If u are impatient..restore the file from chest..set a exclusion in file shield

see screenshot....

Fail

« Reply #21 on: July 27, 2012, 10:50:39 AM »
"I said already...send to virus@avast.com"
Already done.

"If u are impatient..restore the file from chest..set a exclusion in file shield"
Will try, thnx.

true indian

« Reply #22 on: July 27, 2012, 10:53:45 AM »
Will try, thnx.

Your Welcome!  ;D the more number of e-mails they get on this...the more quicker will be the fix  ;)
« Last Edit: July 27, 2012, 10:55:52 AM by true indian »

Offline c0mpute

« Reply #23 on: July 27, 2012, 10:55:18 AM »

best to do is add a exclusion in file shield for the file...if u are impatient  :P

What if it is a true mal ware though? it seems to be well known on the internet for being some sort of malware/spyware. its being reported by antivirus programs enough times.. so why would someone unvlock it untill a professional from avast would say that the file itself is actually clean.. (something in that file must be triggering the alarm for avart to detect it)
Re: vstdlib_s.dll
« Last Edit: July 27, 2012, 10:59:03 AM by c0mpute »

true indian

« Reply #24 on: July 27, 2012, 10:57:28 AM »
What if it is a true mal ware though? it seems to be well known on the internet for being some sort of malware/spyware. its being reported by antivirus programs enough times.. so why would someone unvlock it untill a professional from avast would say that the file itself is actually clean.. (something in that file must be triggering the alarm for avart to detect it)

if it is real malware..then it wouldnt be everybody reporting the same files...after its fixed..u can remove the exclusion

bowman68

« Reply #25 on: July 27, 2012, 10:59:36 AM »
Check my solution in the other Thread: https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=102105.0

true indian

« Reply #26 on: July 27, 2012, 11:00:57 AM »
Check my solution in the other Thread: https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=102105.0

I know..i already posted the exclusion option usage solution here..  ;)

Sinikka

« Reply #27 on: July 27, 2012, 11:02:00 AM »
I sent in a False Positive report as well. I doubt it will take too long for the problem to be corrected.

Offline c0mpute

« Reply #28 on: July 27, 2012, 11:02:12 AM »

if it is real malware..then it wouldnt be everybody reporting the same files...after its fixed..u can remove the exclusion

Why would avast just suddenly report it as a malware when i have had steam and skyrim V : the elder  scrolls installed for some time and it never reported it as malware before .. and no recient updates from avast means no recient database changes on my lappy..
« Last Edit: July 27, 2012, 11:05:27 AM by c0mpute »

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
« Reply #29 on: July 27, 2012, 11:03:45 AM »
@c0mpute

you can always upload the file to www.virustotal.com and check.  ;)