Avast support forums > Avast Free/Pro/IS/Premier

Malware warning in Firefox

<< < (3/4) > >>

OK could you confirm it is only firefox and not IE, Chrome

Is it only firefox ?

Please download GooredFix from one of the locations below and save it to your Desktop

Download Mirror #1
Download Mirror #2

[*]Ensure all Firefox windows are closed.
[*]To run the tool, double-click it (XP), or right-click and select Run As Administrator (Vista).
[*]When prompted to run the scan, click Yes.
[*]GooredFix will check for infections, and then a log will appear.

Please post the contents of that log in your next reply (it can also be found on your desktop, called GooredFix.txt).[/list]

The problem was confined to Firefox. I could see no signs of it in IE or Chrome.

I ran GooredFix - the log is attached.

Clicking around in Firefox, I now get no Avast warnings :)

So - for the future. Avast apparently detects the Win32: Medfos virus and blocks it, but even a Bootlevel scan fails to detect/delete it. What's the best way to protect against reinfection?

Thanks for all your help.

Spoke too soon -- I left the system for a while, then went back into Firefox, and the warning reappeared. I couldn't tell from the GooredFix log I attached whether it was informational only or did something. I will await your further instructions. :-\

I unclicked Tools-Options-Enable Javascript. This appears have stopped the annoying warnings, at least.

OK it is one of the addons in Firefox.

The best way to approach this is to start FF in safemode and then enable the addons one at a time to determine the culprit

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version