Author Topic: Can't remove machines from Computer list in Network View  (Read 4070 times)

MKop

Can't remove machines from Computer list in Network View
« on: August 12, 2011, 06:02:51 PM »
The group or grid view in the Network section lists quite a few machines that were retired/removed.   Some clean up on my part was needed as I had some stale computer names in AD and in DNS.     I went through and did some house cleaning and removed the old entries.   

In Avast, these entries are still listed.   So I went through the list and used 'Remove Computer(s)' on each entry I wanted to remove.   I clicked into another section (i.e. into reports) then back into Network and all the entries had returned.  I cleared cache and restarted the browser with same results.   

I ran the Clean Database job from avast with no change. 

#1) How is this list created?  AD listing?  DNS?  Its not an IP scan....
#2) Any ideas as to why these entries keep returning?

Offline lukas.hasik

• Advanced Poster
  • Product manager of Avast Security for Windows
Re: Can't remove machines from Computer list in Network View
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2011, 12:45:11 AM »
The group or grid view in the Network section lists quite a few machines that were retired/removed.   Some clean up on my part was needed as I had some stale computer names in AD and in DNS.     I went through and did some house cleaning and removed the old entries.   

In Avast, these entries are still listed.   So I went through the list and used 'Remove Computer(s)' on each entry I wanted to remove.   I clicked into another section (i.e. into reports) then back into Network and all the entries had returned.  I cleared cache and restarted the browser with same results.   

I ran the Clean Database job from avast with no change. 

#1) How is this list created?  AD listing?  DNS?  Its not an IP scan....
#2) Any ideas as to why these entries keep returning?
ad 1; it's AD listing
ad 2, do not Delete them, move them to Unmanaged group
Quality is also a feature.

isgtz

Re: Can't remove machines from Computer list in Network View
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2012, 06:25:24 PM »
I have a similar problem reported above:
Am during the holidays on a WIFI router and suddenly have another PC on my network.
I know that this person who share the house but still I don't want to have other computer appear in my network everytime I connect to a WIFI somewhezre (BTW, it never happened before).

How can I remove his PC from network?

Thanks