Author Topic: Avast viruschest not available  (Read 17907 times)

SaskiaS

Re: Avast viruschest not available
« Reply #15 on: August 01, 2012, 03:27:32 PM »
    oh, and how about those scans I ran earlier ?

Two more to run now to analyse different ares.. Are you still getting the Virus chest error ?

Download and Install Combofix

• When finished, it shall produce a log for you.
  • Please include the C:\ComboFix.txt in your next reply.[/b]
THEN
run farbar service scanner

I ran those and attached those logs a few messages ago, but I did not hear from you yet if those were "clean"/good.

Offline essexboy

• Malware removal instructor
  • Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • Dragons by Sasha
    • Malware fixes
« Reply #16 on: August 01, 2012, 03:35:33 PM »
They were clean otherwise I would have removed any bad boys

Yes now run the full uninstall and then reinstal the fresh copy

SaskiaS

« Reply #17 on: August 02, 2012, 07:43:24 AM »
Download aswClear from here
Go to Programs and Features > add/remove and uninstall Avast
Reboot back to safe mode and run aswClear (select all versions of Avast ) once for each version, no need to reboot in between
After the last one reboot

well..that went horribly wrong !!  :'(

I didn't know why I would have to remove all versions, but I thought "better do as he says, in case more versions have been installed anyway".
I noticed aswClear wanted me to fill in a path, so I did for the first one, and the next, but I did not notice that the Avast folder was removed by then. So I told it to remove a avast version from C:\Programs  . It did.......together with all other programs :o
I tried Windos System Repair, I took the latest Repairpoint and it did put back all the icons on my desktop, so I thought I was saved...but unfortunately it seems that is all it has done, put back the icons, programms won't start.
Only the Office-files like Word, Excel etc. are working now again, after I reactivated them inserting the cd as the pc asked.

Is there a solution or do I really have to remove all those programms completely and reinstall them all one by one ?? :(
Please don't tell me I have just gotten myself heaps of work extra !
If that is the only solution, perhaps I should just be done with it and reinstall windows and all programs completely ?  Because how will I know that indeed all reminents (how do you spell that ?) of all programs are gone before I reinstall them ?

PLEASE HELP !!

Thanks!

p.s.:
I did not reinstall avast yet. Since I don't know how to get out of this s... now. At the moment I have just activated windows firewall, to have at least some kind of protection.

But still something of Avast is still available !! So even the removal did not work well (except for my other programs...) I was trying to find out which programms all don't work, because it is not every programm. Then i accidentaly clicked on the avast internet security-icon, thinking "ohno, of course that one is not working", but to my surprise it did open avast !! It just says that I am not secured, and when I try to activate/secure by pushing the repair-this-now-button, it does nothing.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2012, 07:57:52 AM by SaskiaS »

SaskiaS

« Reply #18 on: August 05, 2012, 07:56:21 AM »
OK, since no reply came, I assume Essexboy either does not have the time or is not at home. I really needed the pc, so I have tried somethings myself.

Good news is that avast dit reinstall correct and the viruschest is working again. :)

Now all that's left to do is to undo the damage I have done.  :(

Problem is that that thing I did wrong also f...ked up the uninstall-programs. Some simple programs were easy to fix and are working fine again.

At the moment I am trying to completely uninstall my printer (HP officejet 4219 all-in-one) but whatever I try it does not uninstall complete. I suppose that is why the software (which I do not have on cd anymore, but I have downloaded full software from HP website), will extract but not open the install-menu. Any ideas, anyone ?

Thanks, Saskia

Offline essexboy

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • Dragons by Sasha
    • Malware fixes
« Reply #19 on: August 05, 2012, 01:14:25 PM »
Sorry about that I lost notification for some reason

Lets see if I can locate the damage and restore it if I can

Although to be honest I am not optimistic...

Could you give me a list of the programmes that you are having problems with
Then run OTL so that I can at least give you a clean shot at re-installing them

Download OTL  to your Desktop
  • Double click on the icon to run it. Make sure all other windows are closed and to let it run uninterrupted.

• Select All Users
  • Under the Custom Scan box paste this in
netsvcs
%SYSTEMDRIVE%\*.exe
%ProgramFiles% /s
CREATERESTOREPOINT

• Click the Quick Scan button. Do not change any settings unless otherwise told to do so. The scan wont take long.
    • When the scan completes, it will open one notepad window.

SaskiaS

« Reply #20 on: August 05, 2012, 03:43:39 PM »
Hi, well I'm glad you're not on holliday  :)

Problem is I ran the OTL scan but I cannot attach any logs to this reply...what's wrong again now ?

Online DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #21 on: August 05, 2012, 04:31:57 PM »
Why can't you attach the log, what errors ?

If the file exceeds 192KB size limit - You can use a file sharing site such as Mediafire.com - Upload to http://www.mediafire.com/ and post the sharing link.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

SaskiaS

« Reply #22 on: August 05, 2012, 05:05:50 PM »
The file is 45 Kb. So that should work.

Problem is when I choose Attachments and Other Options, and I choose BROWSE, nothing happens.

I am trying this MediaFire, but uptill now I have not received the needed e-mail to confirm my account there.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2012, 05:09:16 PM by SaskiaS »

SaskiaS

« Reply #23 on: August 05, 2012, 05:34:39 PM »
Ok, problem solved. I restarted the pc. Thought it was worth to try...and what do you know  :)

Please find attached the OTL-log

Like I said before, I already have deleted and re-installed a few programs by myself, that seem to be running fine now. But I do not know if there are any remnants of the software that I already succeeded in uninstalling and reinstalling (like the game Sid Meiers Civilization 4, MalwareBytes, Workrave etc.)

I have not tried yet to delete and reinstall the following not-working programs:
* zoombrowser express (a programm that belongs to our Canon photocamera)
* Photoimpression 4 + Epson Smart Panel (they belong to my EPSON flatbedscanner)

Also not working correct is
* Designer (for digital photoalbum) but I am not sure if this is caused by the same problem or was already not functioning well. I got the idea that maybe this has been installed twice earlier.

But most of all, I am having big troubles trying to uninstall and re-install all HP and Hewlett-Packard files. I do not know if the problem it that there are to many remnants of the old software, that causes the software not to install ?
I have downloaded the software for my HP Officejet 4219 alles-in-één from http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=mp-23694-2&cc=nl&dlc=nl&lc=nl&os=228&product=351121&sw_lang= .
I have used this download before to install the printer on my computer, which worked fine untill I did that thing with aswclear wrong, so it is the correct one.
To make sure there was not just a mistake in the download, I have downloaded it again. But it just does not do what it is supposed to.
When I start it / click it, it starts extracting files. It extracts untill 100%, then it opens a dialog-box, asking me if I want to execute the Installation file and.....that's it ! No Installation menu starts.

I do not know if there are other files that are not working well. Some programs that were also in C:\Program Files, , like e.g. one of the smaller games, were not removed at all and kept working like they should have.

Offline essexboy

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • Dragons by Sasha
    • Malware fixes
« Reply #24 on: August 05, 2012, 06:10:06 PM »
I will remove the HP that I can find then get you to run a windows repair.  On completion retry to install the printer

Warning This fix is only relevant for this system and no other, using on another computer may cause problems

Be advised that when the fix commences it will shut down all running processes and you may lose the desktop and icons, they will return on reboot

Run OTL
  • Under the Custom Scans/Fixes box at the bottom, paste in the following

:OTL
    SRV - [2004-03-18 16:55:48 | 000,065,536 | ---- | M] (HP) [On_Demand | Stopped] -- C:\WINDOWS\system32\HPZipm12.exe -- (Pml Driver HPZ12)
    O6 - HKLM\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Restrictions present
    [2012-08-04 21:33:49 | 000,000,000 | ---D | C] -- C:\Documents and Settings\Saskia & Theo\Bureaublad\HP
    [2012-08-04 21:32:26 | 000,000,000 | ---D | C] -- C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\HP
    [2012-08-04 21:16:36 | 000,000,000 | ---D | C] -- C:\Program Files\Common Files\HP
    [2012-08-04 21:16:20 | 000,000,000 | ---D | C] -- C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Menu Start\Programma's\HP
    [2012-04-18 20:52:12 | 000,000,000 | ---- | C] () -- C:\WINDOWS\hpqEmlSz.INI
    [2012-04-18 20:35:45 | 000,000,214 | ---- | C] () -- C:\WINDOWS\HP_48BitScanUpdatePatch.ini
    [2012-04-18 20:03:05 | 000,104,168 | ---- | C] () -- C:\WINDOWS\hpoins04.dat
    [2012-04-18 20:03:05 | 000,017,176 | ---- | C] () -- C:\WINDOWS\hpomdl04.dat

:Files
    ipconfig /flushdns /c

:Commands
    [emptytemp]
    [CREATERESTOREPOINT]
    [Reboot]
  • Then click the Run Fix button at the top
  • Let the program run unhindered, reboot the PC when it is done
  • Open OTL again and click the Quick Scan button. Post the log it produces in your next reply.
THEN

Download  Windows Repair (all in one)  from this site

Install the programme then run

Go to step 3 and allow it to run SFC

On the start repairs tab click start

Select the following  items and tick restart system when finished

SaskiaS

« Reply #25 on: August 05, 2012, 06:32:19 PM »
Hi,

here are the OTL logs.

I will follow your other instructions shortly

SaskiaS

« Reply #26 on: August 05, 2012, 07:24:08 PM »
Hi,

I installed the Windows Repair Program, and went straight to step 3 (the System File Check), skipping step 1 and 2. I hope that was correct.

The Windows Repair Program asks at step 3, when checking if all secured windos-files are the original version, for the CD of Windows XP Professional because of files that need to be copied to the folder DLL Cache.
But we do not have that, we have Windows XP Home Edition.
I inserted the XP Home Edition-cd, but it does not agree and keeps asking for XP Professional.
So, I chose cancel for those messages. It warns that I will have to insert the cd later, and it has asked for this at least 10 times.

Perhaps I have downloaded a wrong version of the program ? Or are there no specific versions of the program for the several windows editions?

Should I continue or not ?

It has finished with checking if all secured windos-files are the original version, and is not asking for the cd anymore. But now there is still a ms-dos-window open C:\windows\system32\cmd.exe. ..ehm correction there was..while typing this message I accidentaly either clicked it away?! or pushed enter as it asked?!

Should I reboot and choose Start Repairs or not ?

« Last Edit: August 05, 2012, 07:29:27 PM by SaskiaS »

Offline essexboy

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • Dragons by Sasha
    • Malware fixes
« Reply #27 on: August 05, 2012, 08:42:16 PM »
Yes the programme is suitable for all versions of windows...  Restart the computer and go straight to the repair section

We will run SFC a bit later

SaskiaS

« Reply #28 on: August 05, 2012, 09:03:31 PM »
Hi,

It has just started with the reapirs and is asking for QuickProjects.msi
It is looking for it in C:\DOCUME~1\SASKIA~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\7zS4AA3\Setup\QuickProjects\ but cannot find it there. Were could I tell it to look otherwise ?
Or should I just choose cancel there ?

Offline essexboy

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • Dragons by Sasha
    • Malware fixes
« Reply #29 on: August 05, 2012, 09:14:42 PM »
That is part of windows office, skip for now