Author Topic: Malware/Trojans  (Read 26443 times)

Offline oldman

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
  • Some days..... MOS...this bug's for you
Re: Malware/Trojans
« Reply #60 on: September 17, 2012, 05:52:53 PM »
Hi JackSession,

I tried a couple of methods to create a bootable usb version of Seatools, no luck with either. I'll try another one but until I can create a bootable usb let's see if you can get the floppy version to work.

If you can get some one to make the floppy disk version you should be able to run it. You can get the file from HERE Download this version, v2.20 (Graphical): English

Once it downloaded double click the file and follow the onscreen instructions.

After you have the floppy made put it in the sick computer and reboot the computer. Do both the short and long tests and post the results.

JackSession

« Reply #61 on: October 03, 2013, 03:03:47 AM »
Hi Oldman,

It's been a while but I got a pc with a burner now and I burned the Seagate ISO program onto it. When I put it in the sick computer, I got the message "NTFSD Missing - Press Ctrl+Alt+De to restart" (just keeps saying that) I found a Windows 2000 disk in the pc so I think maybe someone tried to repair the OS with a Windows 2000 disk however it originally had XP on it and Im not sure if the install/repair was completed or successful.

Do you think there is anything we can do to repair the OS, remove the virus and recover the data off this PC?

If not, is there a way I can install the hard drive on a working pc to access the files?

Thanks!

Jack

Offline oldman

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
  • Some days..... MOS...this bug's for you
« Reply #62 on: October 08, 2013, 01:48:16 AM »
Hi JackSession,

Is the error message as you posted or is it actually "NTLDR is missing press Ctrl+Alt+Del to restart"?