Author Topic: How to recover files DELETED by avast antivirus, NOT Move to Chest  (Read 60034 times)

dung4993

I scaned my computer and Avast found some virus, I chosen action Move to Chest but it was unsuccessful. So i chosen action Delete.
But now when I check again so many file very important with me were deleted. It's Excel file.
Please help me to recover them! They are very important files with me!!!

Avast help me!
Thanks a lot!

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
Re: How to recover files DELETED by avast antivirus, NOT Move to Chest
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2012, 10:09:00 AM »
that means you also recover the infection if the files are infected

Recuva 1.43.623   http://filehippo.com/download_recuva/

dung4993

« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2012, 10:15:33 AM »
I used Recuva yesterday but it cannot find that files, am I do something wrong? Do you know the different way to recover them? Please help me!
Thank you so much!

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2012, 10:20:00 AM »
sorry no

..best solution is to have backup   ;)    CD / usb stick or any of the free online backups

kandha

« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2013, 04:06:37 AM »
i am using avast antivirus when i scanned my pend drive there was infected files and i gave delete to delete those infected files but that's an important file so kindly help to recover those deleted files...........

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2013, 01:07:10 PM »
It is no different from trying to other deleted files, you need to use one of the file recovery software applications.  Try a google search for that term and see what that brings.

The file is still present, the actual file name is removed from the file table listing and the space is marked as free, so it can be reused. The sooner you try to recover the file, the more chance of success, the longer you leave it the greater the chance of that space being overwritten and the file is truly gone.

Avast doesn't delete by default it sends to the chest, so if you have selected delete, that is exactly what avast does, the file is deleted. A copy isn't saved anywhere and it isn't sent to the normal recycle bin for obvious reasons it would be detected again there.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline Para-Noid

• Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
  • Trust only what you test yourself!
Dell Inspiron, Win10x64--HP Envy Win10x64--Both systems Avast Free v17.9.2322, Comodo Firewall v8.2 w/D+, MalwareBytes v3.0, OpenDNS, Super Anti-Spyware, Spyware Blaster, MCShield, Unchecky, Vivaldi Browser and, various browser security tools.

"Look before you leap!" Use online scanners before you click on any link.