Author Topic: Double virus definitions notification!  (Read 13615 times)

ManyQs

Re: Double virus definitions notification!
« Reply #15 on: August 09, 2012, 01:44:16 PM »
Yes I did see that you, craigb, and Asyn wrote that it's all just fine and dandy in the beta version but I ask you: What's that got to do with the issue for us that use the latest version we are advised by the company to use?

I might be wrong but I don't recall any popup advising that we install the beta, or did I miss something?  In fact, I thought the beta was for those that could take a chance on some unforeseen bug being in the product and NOT for us simple customer folks.

Offline CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
« Reply #16 on: August 09, 2012, 03:55:25 PM »
Yes I did see that you, craigb, and Asyn wrote that it's all just fine and dandy in the beta version but I ask you: What's that got to do with the issue for us that use the latest version we are advised by the company to use?

It just a conformation from us stating not to worry about the double sound notice and it has been fixed in the beta, you are welcome to try the beta if you wish ( betas can have unforseen problems ) or simply wait for the next stable to be released knowing that this issue has been rectified :)

Davy

« Reply #17 on: August 09, 2012, 05:27:56 PM »
craigb:

Yes I noted you are using the beta version - quite different I know! Then again you are also using......

Intel Core i7 2630QM 16GB RAM, Win7 64 SP1, IE9 (TPL), Nvidia GeForce GTX 560M, Avast 7.0.1461, Malwarebytes Pro 1.62, Outpost Firewall Pro 7.5.3

And I assumed... say no more! Please keep in mind not everyone is running the beta version, you are quite right in assuming I am using  Avast 7.0.1461.

So It ain't fixed yet but OK in the beta.... would the 1461 be the beta by any chance? Guess we'll have to wait and see is one option, certainly double sounded again this morning.

Dave

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #18 on: August 09, 2012, 05:50:57 PM »
All that is being said is that the next regular program update will resolve this as that fix is already in the beta build 7.0.1461. When the beta testing is concluded the regular program update will be released, then everyone, not just those using the beta version will have the fix.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

cinchez

« Reply #19 on: August 09, 2012, 05:59:43 PM »
Wew. Good thing I scanned through the forums again. (I have not been able to these past few weeks due to my very hectic schedule at school)
I have been wondering why avast notifies me of a new virus database update twice in succession (I'm only getting the sounds though). It's a good news that this has been fixed already in the beta version.

Thanks avast!
~AnimeLover^^

Offline bob3160

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • 64 Years of Happiness
    • bob3160 Protecting Yourself, Your Computer and, Your Identity
« Reply #20 on: August 09, 2012, 06:10:50 PM »

I have been wondering why avast notifies me of a new virus database update twice in succession
@ AdDicT,
It was especially designed that way just for you to keep you an your toes.
The programmers at Avast wanted to make sure you didn't fall asleep during class.  ;D
Free Security Seminar: https://bit.ly/bobg2023  -  Important: http://www.organdonor.gov/ -- My Web Site: http://bob3160.strikingly.com/ - Win 11 Pro v22H2 64bit, 16 Gig Ram, 1TB SSD, Avast Free 23.5.6066, How to Successfully Install Avast http://goo.gl/VLXdeRepair & Clean Install https://goo.gl/t7aJGq -- My Online Activity https://bit.ly/BobGInternet

ManyQs

« Reply #21 on: September 05, 2012, 04:44:06 PM »
Topic 20 days old duly noted.

It was here I read that the beta 1461 was the version that had this all fixed, so let me just continue with this thread, please.  I am now using 1466, which from sequence I am assuming must be beyond 1461, right?

Point is the double announcement is still happening on one computer.  In fact, it's not even happening on a regular basis.  Sometimes there's just the popup and no sound.  Sometimes sound and no popup.  But most of the time it's the double announcement like was happening when I started posting about it.

I guess I just wish to be assured that this is on somebody's "To Do/Fix" list and eventually the lady will get her act together.

But don't get me wrong, I am not complaining about her pleasant voice.  I still think it's not so bad to hear it twice.  Or even three times.  But it does seem to be a bit crazier than before -- so irregular now.  And it does have me a tad worried that it may indicate some sort of deeper problem.  Maybe not, right?  Just asking.

Offline igor

• Avast team
  • Serious Graphoman
    • AVAST Software
« Reply #22 on: September 05, 2012, 04:46:18 PM »
Was the computer restarted after the program update? To me it sounds like it's not actually 1466...

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
« Reply #23 on: September 05, 2012, 04:47:00 PM »
1. I am now using 1466, which from sequence I am assuming must be beyond 1461, right?

2. Point is the double announcement is still happening on one computer.  In fact, it's not even happening on a regular basis.  Sometimes there's just the popup and no sound.  Sometimes sound and no popup.  But most of the time it's the double announcement like was happening when I started posting about it.

1. Yep.
2. A clean reinstall should fix it.
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

ManyQs

« Reply #24 on: September 05, 2012, 05:00:57 PM »
Well, I guess that question about the verification of the version number is understandable from a troubleshooting point of view.  Be assured I have 1466 on all my computers now.  The one acting funny with the virus definition update announcement was the first more than a few days ago.  It's definitely the 1466 version.

Ah, the do a clean install idea had already crossed my mind, but if the virus definition update announcement is the only thing that's wacky, I'm going to pass on another uninstall and new install and all that stuff.  I don't like having to mess about in the registry to make sure all the little bits are gone and all that before doing a new install.

I am just checking to make sure this issue hasn't been forgotten.

Well, it would be interesting if I am the only one still having the trouble.  That would make that unit and the present installation on that unit a kind of collector's item.  I would have to do a video thing and all that.  I'd be famous.  Maybe get an award or something.  Glory.  Riches.  And I'd owe it all to Avast.

Well, I better wait and see if anyone else is still having problems like me.