Author Topic: Unable to Activate Anti-Theft  (Read 12007 times)

brianabbott

Unable to Activate Anti-Theft
« on: July 26, 2012, 10:30:22 PM »
I've just installed the Avast beta 2.0.2560 on my Sony Ericsson Xperia Arc. Everything seemed to be OK. I managed to register on the Avast site and the phone is showing that it's connected to the account. However, some information doesn't seem to be synchronised and the security status on the site has 'ATTENTION' next to it.

Some information is correct, e.g. Real time shields, definitions version, but on the anti-theft tab the settings are different to those on the phone.

When I choose 'solve the problem' a window opens entitled Enable Anti-theft'.

My Avast software password is entered correctly twice, I have entered 'Owner' both as my name and my mobile number (just in case this field was wrong) and entered the phone number of the friend that I entered on my phone. However, each time I try to enable, I get an error message 'Communication With Database Failed'

I'd be grateful for your any assistance.

reinhardholzner

Re: Unable to Activate Anti-Theft
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2012, 11:06:25 AM »
can you please retry and get me the time when you tried it. i will look into the server logs.

svehlak

« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2012, 11:37:00 AM »
Do you have Antitheft installed too?

brianabbott

« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2012, 11:50:24 AM »
can you please retry and get me the time when you tried it. i will look into the server logs.

Hi Reinhard,

I retried at 10.48hrs British Summer Time, 27 July and it failed again.

Regards,

Brian

brianabbott

« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2012, 11:55:06 AM »
Do you have Antitheft installed too?

Hi Jan,

Yes, it is installed. I have completed the basic and advanced settings, including the remote control part. The details for the first friend's number and the phone password match what I have been trying to input on the Avast site. I entered my name for the owner. The phone shows that I am connected to my account. I am connected via wi-fi.

Regards,

Brian

reinhardholzner

« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2012, 12:27:52 PM »
i just looked at the logs and found the error. looking at it now.

reinhardholzner

« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2012, 12:35:31 PM »
ok i fixed the error. i will deploy it in approx. 20 mins.

reinhardholzner

« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2012, 12:56:02 PM »
its fixed now please try again!

brianabbott

« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2012, 10:24:31 PM »
its fixed now please try again!

Hi Reinhard,

I tried again at about 21.15hrs British Summer Time today and this time after I entered the information on Avast's site, something different happened. This time a pulsating button appeared saying 'Applying'. However, once it finished pulsating, the error did not clear and none of the settings updated. I tried putting my name is as owner and also my phone number.

So you have definitely corrected something, but my phone doesn't seem to be able to communicate with the site (both wi-fi and GPS are on) and phone is set to update every minute.

Regards,

Brian

svehlak

« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2012, 10:28:12 PM »
Can you please try to unpair the device from the account (delete it on the my.avast.com) and from the device itself (Settings>avast account>upair) and pair it again? Thanks.

brianabbott

« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2012, 03:58:02 PM »
Can you please try to unpair the device from the account (delete it on the my.avast.com) and from the device itself (Settings>avast account>upair) and pair it again? Thanks.

Hi Jan,

I deleted my device from Avast's site, then deleted the connection to my account on the phone. When I tried to reconnect to my Avast account (wi-fi enabled on my phone), I got this message: Your Avast! Anti-Theft installation is too old. Please update Avast! Anti-Theft before registering the device to your account.

Here's is what I did to try to to resolve this:

1. Tried to update the software from my phone, but was told it was up to date

2. Uninstalled Anti-Theft hidden file and Avast! Antivirus

3. Reinstalled Avast! Mobile beta, then downloaded Anti-Theft to my phone and installed the Anti-theft Advanced installation and renamed the file

4. Set everything up again, as I did for the original installation. Checked for updates, was told that software was up to date

5. Tried linking to my Avast! account again from my phone, but got the same error message as above  ::)

« Last Edit: July 30, 2012, 09:06:42 PM by brianabbott »

svehlak

« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2012, 09:15:52 PM »
For connecting to my.avast.com the antitheft beta package is needed; did you installed it too? Without beta package there is no chance for pairing the device.

brianabbott

« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2012, 10:12:53 PM »
For connecting to my.avast.com the antitheft beta package is needed; did you installed it too? Without beta package there is no chance for pairing the device.

Hi Jan,

That was the problem. Instead of downloading the beta anti-theft file from the forum, I installed via a download using the phone software. So I uninstalled the anti-theft and installed the beta file from the forum and now everything works. My phone is showing as 'secure' on the Avast! site.

Thanks to you and Reinhard for your help.  :)

reinhardholzner

« Reply #13 on: July 31, 2012, 01:48:38 PM »
you're welcome!