Author Topic: Concurrent connections limit  (Read 3107 times)

Martyn_S

Concurrent connections limit
« on: January 08, 2005, 03:40:57 PM »
I have just started to get the error message "Connect Error: concurrent connections limit in Avast exceed" when I try to run my email checker PopTray version 3.1. I thought that this might be related to my installation of Microsoft Antispyware Beta but I have removed this and the problem is still there. Can I increase the number of connections, or am I missing something obvious?
I am running Avast Professional Build 4.5.549, ZoneAlarm Pro 5.5.062.004, and XP Home SP2.
Many thanks.
Martyn ???

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
Re: Concurrent connections limit
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2005, 06:14:12 PM »
There are already other threads with a (possible?) solution for your problem THIS is just one of them. Use the search function on this board to find the others.

Let us know if your problem has been solved after following them.

Martyn_S

« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2005, 06:39:17 PM »
Thanks for that and I had looked at those threads. I am not getting multiple timeouts. I can send and receive mail on both my IMAP and POP accounts with no problem, it is just that PopTray has stopped working. I will remove Avast, clean the registry and see if a reinstall works.
Cheers,
Martyn ???

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2005, 06:40:50 PM »
Do a search on poptray on this board. I'm not sure, but think there is a thread explaining how to set it up with Avast.