Author Topic: 7.0.1456 - Outlook 2007 Unable to ReSend edited emails from Outbox  (Read 3344 times)

Nbot

Since the newest Avast update, I can no longer edit emails once I hit "send" on them (and they are waiting in the "OUTBOX"...I have a 4 minute send/receive delay enabled in case I think of something I need to correct before the email is actually sent). Why is this? I should still be able to use Outlook with standard functions, for a paid Avast Pro (Internet Security) subscription.

This is the message I receive if I open up an email waiting in the Outbox, edit it, then hit send again. This only started after the 7.0.14xx updates, it was never a problem in the past several years of using Avast & Outlook 2007. Windows 7, 64 bit.

"THE MESSAGING INTERFACE HAS RETURNED AN UNKNOWN ERROR. IF THE PROBLEM PERSISTS, RESTART OUTLOOK."

(except of course, I've restarted Outlook and my Asus 20 times in the last week).

Please help, thanks Avast!7.0.1456 - Outlook 2007 Unable to ReSend eMails edited from Outbox

Nbot

Re: 7.0.1456 - Outlook 2007 Unable to ReSend edited emails from Outbox
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2012, 10:50:09 PM »
No one else is having this problem?

paytocal

« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2012, 10:25:40 PM »
yes I'm having this problem and trying to work thru it. Very frustrating. I had this same issue 2 years ago when I upgraded also

Nbot

« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2012, 01:19:12 AM »
I sent Avast a support ticket (since I'm a paying customer) last week and haven't even heard back. I understand they are swamped with their V7.xx release, but not even responding to me that they are looking into the issue isn't professional.

Nbot

« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2012, 01:21:17 AM »
I doubt its a very difficult issue to replicate for their techs...just open up your demo outlook, set your send/receive settings (under tools) to say 4 minutes...send an email...while its sitting in the outbox, pretend you forgot some information and open the email from the outbox; add your new info, hit send again: failure.

Nbot

« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2012, 06:53:02 PM »
Hello, checking for an update on this? This makes work very frustrating. I can't believe I'm a paying user and tech support hasn't replied to my post here nor the support ticket I sent in, not very promising. :'(