Author Topic: sigh.. paid $19.99 for full version and it won't take activation code. help pls!  (Read 4058 times)

Offline Noneya

-i downloaded the trail (anti virus only) version.

-then i decided i liked it and upgraded it to a free trail of the full version.

-then i decided i liked the full version and bought the full version for special offer of $19.99

-then i get this attachment in my email and it says it will insert the liscence file (under subscription information in avast) and it worked BUT when i log off or restart my pc the subscription says i only have 19 days left instead of 362 days left. so i click it again and it works again but as soon as i log off or restart my pc it goes back to 19 days again etc...
-also, i did not receive a 3 seperate numbers activation code (in my email) or any activation code like it says on the webpage.

so how do i put in the 3 numbers activation code? do i have one in the subscription file somewhere? i can't find it and i know i paid ofr it i just checked my bank online but nothing seems to give me the full version.

what should i do??

very confused over something gthat shouldbe very easy.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
You should have saved the email attachment (license.avastlic) to your hard disk and then double click the saved license.avastlic file, this should insert it automatically.

If that is what you tried then I would suggest that you do a clean install of the version you purchased rather than try to insert the license into the trial version.

- Download the latest version of avast, 7.0.1456, see links below and save it to your HDD, somewhere you can find it again (if you didn't save your last download). Use that when you reinstall.

- Download the avast! Uninstall Utility, aswClear.exe find it here and save it to your HDD (it has uninstall tools for 5.x, 6.0.x and 7.0.x).
  • 1. Now uninstall avast! (using add remove programs, if you can't do that start from the next step), reboot.
  • 2. run the avast! Uninstall Utility from safe mode, first for 6.x if previously installed and then for 7.0, once complete reboot into normal mode.
  • 3. install the latest version, reboot.

You don't say which version you purchased, but here are the download links for both:
Pro AV:  - http://files.avast.com/iavs5x/avast_pro_antivirus_setup.exe
AIS:       - http://files.avast.com/iavs5x/avast_internet_security_setup.exe

Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security