Author Topic: AvastUI ApplicationError  (Read 6087 times)

gibot

AvastUI ApplicationError
« on: August 01, 2012, 03:02:15 AM »
In the past couple days each of my three computers has an AvastUI Application error. It is appear when the computer wake up from sleep. The error only appear one time on each computer. The error message that I got : 'the instruction at xxxxxx referenced memory xxxxxx the memory could not be read". When I check on the statistic tab, I get error message:' error loading c:\windows\temp\amline_settings.xml".. Are these two errors connected?  Has anyone else experience this in the past couple days? It is weird because it happen on all my computer at home, one running xp sp3 and the other two run windows 7. The all happen one day apart. one on sunday, one on Monday and the other one on Tuesday.

gibot

Re: AvastUI ApplicationError
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2012, 02:28:23 AM »
No one get the same error lately? I am just concern because it happen to all my computer at home and I am afraid that a virus or malware may have cause the error since no one else experience it. Any advice appreciated. thanks.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2012, 02:55:55 AM »
I personally haven't seen it on my systems, but I have seen it a few times in the forums. I can't recall a definitive answer though.

Try a repair of avast:
XP - Add Remove programs, select 'avast! Anti-Virus,' click the Change/Remove button and select Repair, click next and follow.

Vista, win7 - Control Panel, Programs & Features, uninstall a program, select 'avast! Anti-Virus,' click the Uninstall/Change and select Repair, click next and follow.

You may need to reboot after the repair.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

gibot

« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2012, 03:48:13 PM »
Avast is working fine, at least it looks like it is working fine once I restart. But considering that all my three computers has the same problem with exactly the same error message, I don't think that it is a problem with the installation. The other thing that is really weird is that each of my computer displaying the error only day apart. I have scan my system using avast and malwarebytes and it is clean. Can anyone think of what may cause the error?

gibot

« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2012, 09:28:38 PM »
Looks like no one encounter the same problem. Do you think that my avast installation has been compromised by some virus or malware?

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2012, 11:00:20 PM »
No I don't, memory problems aren't unusual but to see it as you say on each system is more unusual.

I don't know if it is related to the hibernate function as that may have references to stuff in memory and it is no longer in memory.

Personally I have never really liked hibernate, preferring to just go into sleep mode on my win7 netbook and I haven't experienced anything like this.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline Seed72

« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2012, 10:02:34 AM »
I'm just now having the same problem. Put the computer to sleep right before the reboot required for the new Avast installation.

I then tried to fix it using the aswclear, and reinstall, but still I get the error...

Regards,
Richard