Author Topic: Your system is unsecured  (Read 2445 times)

kvsivaraman

Your system is unsecured
« on: August 02, 2012, 03:47:47 AM »
HELLO!
I have been using Avast with no problem for the last 5 years except for
the last one week. My avast is currently not working.

At start up the avast icon is shown in the desktop right corner but withing few seconds
a red cross mark appears over it. On keeping the mouse pointer over the icon, I am warned
"YOUR SYSTEM IS UNSECURED". I tried restarting but of no use. chkdsk done/ defragment done
but could not make the avast active. Please help.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: Your system is unsecured
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2012, 04:25:02 AM »
Try a repair of avast:
XP - Add Remove programs, select 'avast! Anti-Virus,' click the Change/Remove button and select Repair, click next and follow.

Vista, win7 - Control Panel, Programs & Features, uninstall a program, select 'avast! Anti-Virus,' click the Uninstall/Change and select Repair, click next and follow.

You may need to reboot after the repair.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline mchain

• Avast Evangelist
  • Ultra Poster
  • Spartan Warrior
Re: Your system is unsecured
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2012, 04:41:55 AM »
Version of Avast!?  7.0.1456 AIS, Pro, Free?

Did you try REPAIR?  Did that work? 

If repair did not work, then a re-install is called for.  Please do not misunderstand, failure of Avast! to run is not your fault.

Strongly suggest using another computer with a/v protection enabled to do the following below, transfer all needed programs and files using an USB stick to unprotected computer:
  • Save or obtain the license file for AIS or Pro before you proceed.  You will need it to re-insert it later.
  • Obtain aswclear.exe to run only in safe mode here:  http://www.avast.com/uninstall-utility  Be sure to save only to the desktop of the unprotected computer when you transfer it.
  • Go to Add/Remove (XP) or similar to uninstall.  Likely the self-protection module in Avast! will not allow complete removal of the program.
  • Enter safe mode and run aswclear.exe from the destop.  Remove all versions of Avast! you may have had in the past.
  • Reboot.
Re-install the version of Avast! in administrative normal mode, and reboot.  Watch for Google Chrome if you do not want that and untick the opt-in box to clear.  Reboot.

Do all work in unprotected computer whilst offline.  Insert license key if needed.
Windows 10 Home 64-bit 22H2 Avast Premier Security version 24.1.6099 (build 24.1.88821.762)  UI version 1.0.797
 UI version 1.0.788.  Windows 11 Home 23H2 - Windows 11 Pro 23H2 Avast Premier Security version 24.2.6105 (build 24.1.8918.827) UI version 1.0.801