Author Topic: Please help  (Read 2522 times)

Manos

Please help
« on: August 01, 2012, 03:49:57 PM »
Hello there. Here is my problem.
I am a Windows XP pro user, and I use AVAST free. One day my windows crushed so I had to repair them with my installization cd. After that, all programms were running perfect except my avast free. I couldn't update nor raise the protection shield. It was just running there. I tried to uninstall it but after every install the programm was still there. I tried to re-install it but it won't let me. I tried to, at least ,get it off the startup, but windows xp after every restart, was still running it. I installed Advanced systemcare 5 and uninstalled it and removed it from startup. The final state of my Avast now is : It's uninstalled from my pc but still running at every startup, without been able to do anything and I cannot install it again (or any other antivirus) Please help !
P.S. The avast folder, at programm files folder still exists.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2012, 03:56:48 PM by Manos »

Manos

Re: Please help
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2012, 03:54:45 PM »
Oh and I am using the version : 6.0.1367
32 bit
Other security related programms : Zonealarm security suite, advanced systemcare 5

Offline essexboy

• Malware removal instructor
  • Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • Dragons by Sasha
    • Malware fixes
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2012, 04:04:01 PM »
Download the latest version to your desktop from here
Download aswClear from here
Go to Programs and Features > add/remove and uninstall Avast
Reboot back to safe mode and run aswClear (select all versions of Avast ) once for each version, no need to reboot in between
After the last one reboot

Install the updated Avast

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2012, 04:20:28 PM »
@ Manos
Well Zonealarm security suite as its name implies has a resident antivirus module (according to zonealarm.com), unless you do a custom install and remove the AV element completely (if it allows you to do that).

Otherwise having two resident anti-virus scanners installed is one too many and not recommended as rather than provide twice the protection it can cause conflicts that could leave you more vulnerable.

Also advanced systemcare 5 is from iobit. Personally I wouldn't have anything of theirs, you only have to do a google search for iobit and malwarebytes to get the idea, make your own mind up. There have to be other tools that do the same without the question mark over the activity.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Manos

« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2012, 05:39:00 PM »
You are my hero ! ! thanx it worked perfectly.