Author Topic: Free Anti-Virus 7 is not work with Google Chrome  (Read 23234 times)

chromexp

Free Anti-Virus 7 is not work with Google Chrome
« on: August 02, 2012, 10:53:08 PM »
I have been using Google Chrome for like 3 years. I have been using Avast for now like almost 3 years.
I have been using Windows XP SP3 for a long time. It work very well with Google Chrome and Avast for 3 years.

But now Avast Free Anti-Virus is not working with Google Chrome. Strange, Avast is work with Google Chrome!!!

Read this step by step work or not work - okay.

1. Google Chrome is work fine - during Free Anti-Virus 7 (I never has problem with Avast 5, 6 and 7 until now)
2. Notification offer me to try 20 or 30 days for Internet Security 7 trial.
3. Google Chrome still work fine on Internet Security 7 (trial) for 1 month
4. When Internet Security 7 trial offer is end 1 day left.
5. I decided to cancel and roll back to Free Anti-Virus 7. (because I could not afford it)
6. Google Chrome is not working anymore with Free Anti-Virus 7 (it did work fine - look at number 1)
7. I uninstalled Free Anti-Virus 7, Google Chrome is working now.
8. I installed Free Anti-Virus 7, Google Chrome is not working anymore!!! IT IS SCREW UP!!!
9. It is Avast's fault!!! Avast need to fix. it...

then I did try all over again - with format WinXP SP3. It is same problem!!!!!

I did reported to Avast on support ticket. - When they will response!!!??? I did select "EMERGENCY"

Can Anyone help me??...
« Last Edit: August 02, 2012, 11:09:28 PM by chromexp »

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
Re: Free Anti-Virus 7 is not work with Google Chrome
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2012, 04:29:49 AM »
Try a repair of avast.
control panel > programs > avast > add/remove > choose repair.

chromexp

« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2012, 05:09:58 AM »
I did... it worked but once it ask to restart (because of auto sandbox)

Before it force restart (now or later) - Chrome - worked

After restart - Chrome - not working - webpage won't loading (it is all over again)

Mean.. it is Avast and Auto Sandbox are the problem..

honest.. I want Auto Sandbox.. so it will prevent any program suspect to not run program. (I loved Auto SandBox).

So... it is software problem (bug issue) Avast and Auto Sandbox are the major issue.

ahall1983

« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2012, 06:55:24 AM »
I want to bump this to the top. I too had this problem slap me in the face tonight it's had me practically in tears trying to fix it. I really hope the devs fix it because I really don't want to change Antivirus providers :\

You start up Chrome and the web pane just sits here, the cursor has the usual windows spinning circle next to the arrow animation, but it never reaches a page. Not only does it not connect to the internet, LOCAL pages will not open which means you can't even get into Chrome's settings because it's all handled inside of the web pane.

Chrome's my favorite browser; Avast's my favorite AV but they won't play together. I can't even disable Avast somehow as far as I've found. So far stopping the shields does nothing, adding exclusions to auto sandbox and a few of the shields did nothing, I have to completely uninstall to fix this.

I thought at first I got some odd malware, or part of some because the marketing smart guys at the local newspaper's website are now pushing ads with malware in them. Avast caught it earlier. I'm afraid to even go read the online news paper now though, because I can't use Chrome with Avast installed and unless I pick up another AV package I have no AV protection in Chrome. Was there a program update recently I may have missed? I usually update as soon as I'm notified but this problem just cropped up tonight on... think it was .1456? In desperation, I installed the newest beta, which is .1461 and the problem is still not fixed. Like I said though, uninstall Avast and the problem disappears, and also it doesn't occur in safe mode and reinstalls of Avast and Chrome did not work, also a system restore before the problem ever happened didn't fix it either.

This problem is really killing me here please fix this Avast!

ahall1983

« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2012, 07:18:05 AM »
Yay my law of tech support has shined twice today, once for myself and once for helping a friend with something completely different.

Law of tech support? Ask on a forum or more so, contact tech support by email and bother someone then magically find out the solution.

Not sure if this applies to OP but here's my fix. I always run the Chrome beta build, the current beta is 21.0.1180.64, I found out that if I install the current stable build of Chrome 21.0.1180.60, it works fine. This beta build seems to be fine without Avast involved though. I guess this is a red flag to the devs, you WILL have problems with the next Chrome build better check it out guys!

chromexp

« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2012, 07:31:45 PM »
yeah I know.. finally Avast team contact me but they will work on it.

They got my generate file so they can look at it.

I have been repeat email back to them for any update.

So far.. there is no response from them like a week now.

ahall1983

« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2012, 02:23:06 AM »
According to Google, Avast was trying to inject code into their sandbox and it was failing in the new beta build causing it to go haywire. I'm about to try the new beta again, they said they pushed a new beta build that should have fixed the integration issues with Avast.

chromexp

« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2012, 01:16:12 AM »
Avast advice me to update Chrome to 21.0.1180.75 - so I did.

Chrome 21.0.1180.75 is still not working (not loading) with AVAST.

Chrome will loading if Avast is full disable or Behavior Shield is Disable (Stop).

See lists what I did

1. Full 8 Shield Enable (all running) = Chrome - not loading (not work)
2. 1 Disable (Stop) Behavior Shield = Chrome - YES loading (Work YES) - Loading speed - SLOW
3. 1 Disable (Stop) File System Shield (Behavior Shield is Running) = Chrome - YES loading (Work YES) - Loading speed - OKAY
4. 3 Disable (Stop) (File, Web, Network) (Behavior Shield is Running) = Chrome - YES loading (Work YES) - Loading Speed - BETTER
5. 4 Disable (Stop) (Behavior, File, Web, Network) = Chrome - YES loading (Work YES) - loading Speed - Much BETTER
6. ALL 8 Disable (Stop) (All 8 Shields Stop/Disable) = Chrome - YES loading (Work YES) - loading Speed - MUCH MUCH BETTER BETTER BEST

It is no point Chrome to fix... Avast need to fix their bug.

A) I suggest Avast to add optional installation AutoSandBox. So I can unchecked it.
B) I don't want Avast to installed AutoSandBox... When it installed, AutoSandBox was not active until Restart.
C) Before Restart - all 8 Shield running - CHROME is WORKING - LOADING SPEED - AWESOME!!!
D) After Restart - Avast active AutoSandBox - Chrome is not working/loading
E) After Restart - Avast disable Behavior Shield - Chrome is working YES - Loading YES.

Do you see my point why?? and see what I did "test".

I want Avast to give me optional to instal AutoSandBox or NOT!!! That's what I WANT!!!

germ

« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2012, 02:46:02 PM »
same problem here. avast support please investigate and report back asap. thanks!

Offline bob3160

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • 64 Years of Happiness
    • bob3160 Protecting Yourself, Your Computer and, Your Identity
« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2012, 05:10:56 PM »
I use Chrome as my default browser and am not having any problems using it and avast!.
I'm currently running avast! version 7.01461 (beta) but, I also had no problems with the last stable version.
Make sure there aren't any conflicts with any of your extensions.
Free Security Seminar: https://bit.ly/bobg2023  -  Important: http://www.organdonor.gov/ -- My Web Site: http://bob3160.strikingly.com/ - Win 11 Pro v22H2 64bit, 16 Gig Ram, 1TB SSD, Avast Free 23.5.6066, How to Successfully Install Avast http://goo.gl/VLXdeRepair & Clean Install https://goo.gl/t7aJGq -- My Online Activity https://bit.ly/BobGInternet

cinchez

« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2012, 06:01:37 PM »
I also use Chrome (latest version 21....75) and it seems avast! is just doing fine.

chromexp

« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2012, 07:45:25 PM »
I have two computer...

1 - new computer - Win 7 SP1 32-Bit - Avast and Chrome - no problem

2nd - computer (Backup) - Win XP SP3 32-Bit - Chrome w/Avast - has problem - Chrome can't loading cuz of Avast. (Disable - Chrome will work)

Do you see why - When AVAST is disable - CHROME work awesome.... It is all problem with Avast.

I have not install any new program past 3 years. So Avast & Chrome work before for almost 3 years - until now Avast has issue with Chrome.

Avast Suck... they seem can't get fix right away...

I notice most people complaint on forum and support - they have issue with Avast on Windows XP.... with Chrome.... Only WinXP.

YoKenny

« Reply #12 on: August 09, 2012, 08:47:01 PM »
2nd - computer (Backup) - Win XP SP3 32-Bit - Chrome w/Avast - has problem - Chrome can't loading cuz of Avast. (Disable - Chrome will work)

I notice most people complaint on forum and support - they have issue with Avast on Windows XP.... with Chrome.... Only WinXP.
I have no problem with Google Chrome on my XP Pro system!  :)

How much RAM does your system have?  ???

germ

« Reply #13 on: August 09, 2012, 08:58:29 PM »
chrome only works if disable avast: winxp/sp3-32bit, 1GB RAM, chrome to 21.0.1180.75, avast 7.0.1456. worked fine in prior version of chrome which was updated last night.

Offline Para-Noid

• Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
  • Trust only what you test yourself!
« Reply #14 on: August 10, 2012, 08:39:05 PM »
Chrome works fine here! What other security software is on your system?
Check out my signature for what I use. Of course to each his/her own.  :)
Dell Inspiron, Win10x64--HP Envy Win10x64--Both systems Avast Free v17.9.2322, Comodo Firewall v8.2 w/D+, MalwareBytes v3.0, OpenDNS, Super Anti-Spyware, Spyware Blaster, MCShield, Unchecky, Vivaldi Browser and, various browser security tools.

"Look before you leap!" Use online scanners before you click on any link.