Author Topic: Mail Shield "insert message" options - gone from 'Pro' and 'IS' or only 'Free'?  (Read 10787 times)

Offline schmidthouse

• VIRUS FREE A Long Time
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
  • When you think you know, Think Again
Thanks David.  ;)
No worries, message inserting now, nice to have options :)
« Last Edit: September 18, 2012, 08:17:06 PM by schmidthouse »

Offline Vladimyr

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
  • Super(massive black hole) Poster
Not sure why or how but I found 'EmailShield.ini' at,
C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast5\DATA\

Anyway, I inserted the 2 command lines and it works!

As the pic shows, some weird stuff happening with the location and date. The only clue I've got for the file dates being 2002 is the user having installed avast! while the machine had a BIOS error (it's a 2002 m/board).
There is a way that seems right to a man,
       but in the end it leads to death
.” - Proverbs 16:25

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Well it is partly down to the fact that this doesn't appear to have been a clean install but continual program updates (?) retaining the old folder names, company name (Alwil not Avast Software), location and registry entries.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline giogio

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
Not sure why or how but I found 'EmailShield.ini' at,
C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast5\DATA\

Anyway, I inserted the 2 command lines and it works!

As the pic shows, some weird stuff happening with the location and date. The only clue I've got for the file dates being 2002 is the user having installed avast! while the machine had a BIOS error (it's a 2002 m/board).

Happy you've find the file and so the solutions  ;)

It would be interesting to know from anyone of avast team if they are going to remove from the code program the support to these voice, or they what to leave it....
Prima di scrivere sul forum per favore leggi le istruzioni qui https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=144453.0
Non inviatemi MP per supporto,grazie-No support PM please
Home: E8400-4GB RAM-500GB HDD-Win10.0.15063x64-Avast! Free 17.3.2291-CryptoPrevent-MBAM 2.2free-Chrome 57(uBlock origin)-TB52
Work: i5-2400-4GB RAM-500GB HDD-Win 7sp1x64-Avast!Business Security 12.3.2515,     
Cloud Console 2.18
-FF52-TB52

Offline Vladimyr

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
  • Super(massive black hole) Poster

Happy you've find the file and so the solutions  ;)

It would be interesting to know from anyone of avast team if they are going to remove from the code program the support to these voice, or they what to leave it....

Indeed it would! And may add a supplementary question, "If the capability remains, why not leave the checkbox choices in the user interface?"

Re editing 'EmailShield.ini' files.
Of the 6 I've done so far, I've had to locate one in a strange location, then cut and paste another with lines from a working AIS 7.0.1426 installation file into an apparently incomplete 7.0.1466 version.
This is still less work than uninstalling avast! and installing (and configuring IMAP and SMTP SSL servers in) AVG. But I do sincerely hope it doesn't get any trickier in forthcoming avast! editions.

There is a way that seems right to a man,
       but in the end it leads to death
.” - Proverbs 16:25

Offline giogio

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
"If the capability remains, why not leave the checkbox choices in the user interface?"
+1
Prima di scrivere sul forum per favore leggi le istruzioni qui https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=144453.0
Non inviatemi MP per supporto,grazie-No support PM please
Home: E8400-4GB RAM-500GB HDD-Win10.0.15063x64-Avast! Free 17.3.2291-CryptoPrevent-MBAM 2.2free-Chrome 57(uBlock origin)-TB52
Work: i5-2400-4GB RAM-500GB HDD-Win 7sp1x64-Avast!Business Security 12.3.2515,     
Cloud Console 2.18
-FF52-TB52

Offline schmidthouse

• VIRUS FREE A Long Time
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
  • When you think you know, Think Again
"If the capability remains, why not leave the checkbox choices in the user interface?"
+1

++2 :)