Author Topic: Avast! notice in email missing  (Read 8787 times)

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
Re: Avast! notice in email missing
« Reply #15 on: August 05, 2012, 12:41:06 AM »
Several months ago I tried several antivirus programs to see if they would put a message on my emails. They wouldn't. Seems like they are looking for Microsoft type email. Mine is not. I use Postbox.
what did you try?

Offline jadinolf

• Avast Evangelist
  • Advanced Poster
« Reply #16 on: August 05, 2012, 12:49:50 AM »
David, this is from my Win 7 computer and looks like yours.
printed on 100% recycled bytes

Offline jadinolf

• Avast Evangelist
  • Advanced Poster
« Reply #17 on: August 05, 2012, 12:52:26 AM »
Several months ago I tried several antivirus programs to see if they would put a message on my emails. They wouldn't. Seems like they are looking for Microsoft type email. Mine is not. I use Postbox.
what did you try?

Pondus, it's been a while and I am an elderly gent pushing 80 years. I did try some of the free ones and Eset (do I have that right?).

Sorry, I can't be more helpful.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #18 on: August 05, 2012, 12:55:07 AM »
Interesting.

Oh well, I didn't modify it. I would never mess with my favorite antivirus program and wouldn't know how to do it anyway.
<snip>
Thanks for your efforts, David.

You're welcome.

You wouldn't actually have to modify the EmailShield.ini file, as that is where changes to the default settings in the Mail Shield are stored. Since the default is not to display it if you made a change to display it in the GUI, then that may have been recorded in the EmailShield.ini file.

Hint, guess why I gave you the location of the EmailShield.ini file, so you could check it using notepad (just don't modify anything.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline jadinolf

• Avast Evangelist
  • Advanced Poster
« Reply #19 on: August 05, 2012, 01:18:53 AM »
Interesting.

Oh well, I didn't modify it. I would never mess with my favorite antivirus program and wouldn't know how to do it anyway.
<snip>
Thanks for your efforts, David.

You're welcome.

You wouldn't actually have to modify the EmailShield.ini file, as that is where changes to the default settings in the Mail Shield are stored. Since the default is not to display it if you made a change to display it in the GUI, then that may have been recorded in the EmailShield.ini file.

Hint, guess why I gave you the location of the EmailShield.ini file, so you could check it using notepad (just don't modify anything.

I would not even try. I get myself into enough problems without looking for more.

It's way past your bedtime, isn't it?
« Last Edit: August 05, 2012, 01:21:22 AM by jadinolf »

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #20 on: August 05, 2012, 02:04:55 AM »
I tend to be a bit of a night owl, not unusual for me to still be up at 3am, only 1am now, still early ;D
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline jadinolf

• Avast Evangelist
  • Advanced Poster
« Reply #21 on: August 05, 2012, 02:12:17 AM »
I tend to be a bit of a night owl, not unusual for me to still be up at 3am, only 1am now, still early ;D

A bit?

I do quite often stay up until midnight to check my favorite web site  http://www.newegg.com/

Problem is I don't need anything and after building my latest computer, I don't have any money.

Oh yes, the site updates at midnight.

Offline jadinolf

• Avast Evangelist
  • Advanced Poster
« Reply #22 on: August 07, 2012, 11:44:52 PM »
Now I'm running the beta and the message is still there.

Thank you. :)

I love the message but I guess I am in the minority.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2012, 01:20:23 AM by jadinolf »