Author Topic: Avast blocks Transmiti  (Read 2181 times)

ohm

Avast blocks Transmiti
« on: May 21, 2013, 01:47:08 AM »
i used transmiti (free google trans based translation software) a while ago on a laptop, maybe 2 years, and the old avast version was no problem. transmiti is a small .exe you don't even need to install, which gets its translations from the web.

today, on another netbook & after about 2 years, i needed transmiti again urgently.  but avast blocked it. transmiti sent the error msg "transmiti is being blocked - turn off your antivirus program", which i naturally won't.
i checked all the shields, exceptions, rules i could find around the avast interface, and put transmiti.exe or its folder as an exclusion, even as a global exclusion, but it didn't help, i always get the error msg and the prog won't continue.

i also tried tweaking stuff in windows firewall/defender in case this was the prob and not avast, or run transmiti as an admin - nothing...
anybody knows about it, or has an idea? careful with explanations, noob here.  ;D

Offline JuninhoSlo

• Avast Evangelist
  • Advanced Poster
Re: Avast blocks Transmiti
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2013, 11:51:53 AM »
Check transmiti.exe with virustotal.com and post results.

Thank you.

ohm

Re: Avast blocks Transmiti
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2013, 12:24:38 PM »
well actually, parallel to this post, i found out the author's adress and sent him a mail too. just got the answer: transmiti stopped working 1 year ago due to important changes in the google translate interface. a real pity, this little prog was excellent. so this whole topic is obviously obsolete, sorry.