Author Topic: Iphone being blocked  (Read 2286 times)

songbird72884

Iphone being blocked
« on: August 06, 2012, 03:31:02 PM »
I've searched the forum for this but found nothing relevant, so I apologise if this has been asked before, but I couldn't find it anywhere.
I have Avast (the paid version) installed on my computer (running Windows 7) and it's always served me well. However, I recently got an iphone, and that's where the trouble started.

I'm not sure why or how, but I've found that somehow Avast seems to be blocking the iphone, not just for syncing but for connecting in general. If I plug in the phone while Avast is running, it repeatedly vibrates/ chimes to indicate it's been plugged in. By that, I mean it seems to think it's being connected anything between 1 and 20 times a minute. Needless to say, this got annoying, so I finally turned off Avast because I was having trouble with Itunes as well and was told antivirus software can affect it. I've found since then that when the phone is plugged in while Avast *isn't* running, there's no trouble at all with the phone or with Itunes. With Avast running, I have the same connection/ charging/ syncing trouble every time.

My question is this: Is there some way to have Avast running but add the phone to the exceptions or something so that it doesn't block the phone when it's connected? Or will I simply have to turn off Avast any time I want to connect the phone to my computer?