Author Topic: Is anti-Theft so easy to uninstall ?  (Read 3213 times)

bodzio.step

Is anti-Theft so easy to uninstall ?
« on: August 11, 2012, 11:19:03 PM »
I think i can uninstall anti-Theft by just fullwipe in recovery and flash new rom. When remove is so easy it's useless. I don't understand the idea of anti-Theft.Plz correct me if I'm wrong.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re: Is anti-Theft so easy to uninstall ?
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2012, 11:38:18 PM »
If you're able to flash an new ROM, like in Windows or Linux or Mac for instance, if you're able to install a new operational system and format the device, nothing will survive.
It's being asked for the OS developers a way to password the recovery/bootloader. Still not available.
Some manufacturers, otherwise, are just thinking on blocking them, so no custom ROMs will be available in these devices...
« Last Edit: August 11, 2012, 11:39:57 PM by Tech »
The best things in life are free.

Offline tcntad

• Avast Überevangelist
Re: Is anti-Theft so easy to uninstall ?
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2012, 01:59:38 PM »
I think i can uninstall anti-Theft by just fullwipe in recovery and flash new rom. When remove is so easy it's useless. I don't understand the idea of anti-Theft.Plz correct me if I'm wrong.

You're right, its just that easy. Note that a fullwipe will just make a factoryreset, if TA is installed as root it wont be deleted. To have this feature (CWM) Im fairly sure the phone has to be rooted.

You could also use titanium backup to remove the app or any file explorers to delete the apk if you know the name.
The disguised name wont show up in TB but com.avast.bla.blabla (Atleast it did in theft aware)