Author Topic: Mountain Lion and Notes app - SSL/TLS Connection detected  (Read 3810 times)

GeoffBur

Mountain Lion and Notes app - SSL/TLS Connection detected
« on: August 04, 2012, 10:42:09 AM »
Hi,

Having installed AVAST on Mountain Lion and configured the Mail application and got it working successfully, I'm left with a problem with the Mountain Lion Notes App.

Whenever I launch notes, I get SSL/TLS connection detected warning.  As far as I can see, there is no way of disabling SSL in Notes, so do AVAST have any plans to address this issue?

FYI, I have found a rather convoluted work-around for the time being, but it is not ideal.

shenaini

Re: Mountain Lion and Notes app - SSL/TLS Connection detected
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2012, 01:31:07 PM »
I have the same issue.  Hopefully someone will reply soon!

lemonkid

« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2012, 05:09:40 PM »
Yes teh do have a way to disable the notes but....... if you follow this you'll get other notes in return. But you can try to disable ssl in 'mail' and to enable ssl in avast preferences. Follow the exact path given in mail (e.g. mail.hopsapopserver.com) in the avast field.

When you do this you'll have a chance that your notes now say that avast can not find a certificate for the mailserver. (well it does find a certificate for the icloud server of me.com)

Offline Jan Gahura

• Avast team
    • ALWIL Software
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2012, 08:41:05 AM »
Hi,

We are aware of issues with the SSL/TLS warnings. We plan to address this in one of upcoming program updates.

Thanks for report.
Jan

GeoffBur

« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2012, 09:41:34 PM »
Great news Jan. ;D