Author Topic: Uninstal or Not.  (Read 2217 times)

cod head

Uninstal or Not.
« on: August 10, 2012, 05:31:51 PM »
I am thinking of treating myself to a new laptop.Mainly because my daughter is looking out for a cheap one,but cannot yet afford it,so thought,if I get a new one she could have my four year old one.

I want her to have Avast also.She does not live with me but about twenty odd miles away.

So if I give her this laptop,because I also want Avast on my new laptop,when I get it.Do I uninstal Avast on this my old laptop,and let her download it afresh were she lives and registers it.Or is there some way she can transfer my licence to herself.

I know you are only allowed one licence on the free version per house,hence the inquiry.I don't want to just leave mine on hers and download another version just to have problems.

Thanks in advance for any and all answers.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: Uninstal or Not.
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2012, 05:42:05 PM »
You talk of transferring license, when the free version doesn't have a license as such but a registration, so what is it free or pro or IS ?

If avast! free, since you are giving here 'your' laptop technically it is still yours.

Again, if avast! free there is no restriction on one per house, you can have as many systems as you need provided they are for home & non-commercial use, then the free version is fine.

Personally I would leave it installed and when it comes time to renew she just enters her information and email address.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.4.6112 (build 24.4.9067.762) UI 1.0.803/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

cod head

« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2012, 06:08:26 PM »
It was Avast Free David.Thanks for the reply,you have given me all the information I needed.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2012, 07:18:45 PM »
You're welcome.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.4.6112 (build 24.4.9067.762) UI 1.0.803/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security