Author Topic: aswMBR freezing mid scan  (Read 2053 times)

jshep2179

aswMBR freezing mid scan
« on: August 11, 2012, 12:32:03 PM »
Have recently been hit with the blue screen of death and occasional freezes on start up, no other problems with my PC performance. Have tried rolling back and updating drivers and don't think the problem lies there. Nothing flags in Malware Bytes or Spybot so I tried downloading aswMBR to check for Boot problems but the scan freezes every time midway through, first on XPadder which I thought might be a problem, but even after uninstalling the same thing keeps happening, the scan has already been running for a good 2 hours at this point, which seems a little long ?

This level of stuff is a bit beyond me as you can probably tell, not sure if there is a way to scan selected parts of the system or whether a deeper problem is causing the scan to fail. Any help much appreciated.

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
Re: aswMBR freezing mid scan
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2012, 04:21:59 PM »
Drop Spybot and try again.
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0