Author Topic: Avast blocking pings  (Read 7053 times)

Brian411

Avast blocking pings
« on: August 02, 2012, 07:44:23 PM »
I have 30+ computers and about 6 of them are Windows 7 computers on my network they are all managed and we have the admin console installed on one of our servers. We have been having a problem with 4 of our Windows 7 computers not being able to ping. They can are on the network can surf the web and do everything except ping things from command prompt. I suspected Avast so I went in and removed Avast on the computer and I could ping every time I tried. I then re installed Avast and it went back to not being able to ping every once in a while it will let you ping once then it blocks you again.

wpn

Re: Avast blocking pings
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2012, 01:23:04 AM »
you mean ping to that client or ping from that client?

too the client:   sounds like firewall, check if u install the firewall

from the client: any errors ?

Brian411

« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2012, 05:38:35 PM »
From the client. We have the windows firewall disabled on each device. It can't ping to anything it just sits there like its trying to work but nothing.

wpn

« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2012, 06:22:37 PM »
what do you see in the cmdprompt when you run the ping?  host unavailable or something else?

do you install avast with the firewall component? Disable the component and see if you can ping
if it is the firewall see if there are any strange rules (if possible) that block ICMP packets

Offline Avosec-UK

• Avosec Technical Support
  • Avast Reseller
    • Avosec
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2012, 09:54:11 AM »
What is the product that you have purchased? If you have avast! Enpoint Protection (Suite) Plus, you should check if the avast! Firewall is enabled on the managed client.