Author Topic: Admin console not seeing deployed clients  (Read 2915 times)

Amabran

Admin console not seeing deployed clients
« on: August 10, 2012, 07:09:14 AM »
Hi There,
I have just purchased the Endpoint protection plus and installed it on my SBS 2011 server.

After some false starts (mostly PEBKAC issues) I have deployed the client on the server using the .exe file created from the console and tried to deploy the client on to two of the machines.

The server install has worked fine; the client machines, both running Windows 7, latest updates etc, are allowing the install and the deployment task if finishing correctly however the console still has them as no managed products installed, even though the console just deployed the product.  I've tried uninstalling using the avast uninstaller software and reinstalling both through the console push method and through the create MSI (which is actually an .exe) method. No matter what method I use the product installs to the machine but does not show up on the console.

I have confirmed that the services are all running, I have rebooted the machines after install, on one machine I altered the setup.ini to have the IP address of the EAS server machine on one machine and left the default on the other to see if either would make a difference (it hasn't), I have confirmed through nslookup that the clients and server can resolve to each other.  Hoping someone can shed some light on this for me?

Cheers
Rob

Offline Avosec-UK

• Avosec Technical Support
  • Avast Reseller
    • Avosec
Re: Admin console not seeing deployed clients
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2012, 10:01:32 AM »
Check if you have the following ports opened in Windows Firewall:
  • Mirror: 16135 (_S_SERVERMIRRORPORT_PROPERTY)
  • Client communication port: 16136 (avast5.ini, _S_CLIENTSLISTENPORTADDRESS_KEY)
  • Client comm port, push requests: 16139 (avast5.ini, _S_CLIENTSPUSHPORTADDRESS_KEY)
  • SSL comm port console: 16138 (avast5.ini, _S_CLIENTSLISTENPORTADDRESSSSL_KEY)
  • UDP information port: 16133 (avast5.ini, _S_INFORMATIONPORTADDRESS_KEY)