Author Topic: Takes over my PC !! I've had enough  (Read 15362 times)

Offline szc

• Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
Re: Takes over my PC !! I've had enough
« Reply #15 on: May 17, 2005, 12:39:11 PM »
Ouch, that hurts...  ;D If you don't like the way we are joking, why do you read this thread then ? We didn't insult anyone, it was funny how some people comes to these forums just for bashing avast! and they never ask for help...

I am here very long time, so I know how much of my spare time I and many others spent on trying to help others... so when someone comes to these forums just to bash and having nothing clever to say, it takes our precious time. Remember, we don't get anything for our help... and we don't ask for anything...

So, if we sometimes want to make jokes, we will do that... as long as we don't insult anyone, we are free to do that. Right ?

Cheers !
MB: GIGABYTE GA-Z77X-UD3H Intel 7 Series  - LGA1155, CPU: Intel Core i5-3570K - Quad Core, 3.40GHz (3.80GHz Max Turbo), CPU COOLER: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO Direct Heat Pipe R2, RAM: 16 GB Kingston HyperX Blu DDR3, VIDEO CARD: Galaxy GeForce GTX 560 Ti - 1GB, GDDR5, POWER SUPPLY: Corsair Enthusiast Series TX750 V2 - 750 Watts, HD: Seagate Barracuda - 2TB, 7200RPM, 64MB, SATA 6Gb/s

Offline TedNelly

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
  • Trust No-One!
« Reply #16 on: May 17, 2005, 12:45:11 PM »
Old curmudgeon suggests:

Perhaps there should be a separate forum for Sasha and clever friends to resurrect and make fun of old meaningless threads.

Perhaps they could take it to "off topic" and enjoy it forever.

Chill man Chill re topic: why post if your not going to stick around for help if the poster hung in there

the problem would possibly no longer be a problem  8) it's all good
Windows 10 Pro | Intel I7 CPU | 16 Gig 2133 RAM | Avast beta 17.5.2295 | Firefox 54 b9(64-bit) | Cyberfox 52.1 | T-Bird 52.1.1 | SpyWareBlaster 5.5 | MalwareBytes 3.0.0.865 | WinPatrol 35.5.2 | GlassWire 1.2.100 | Cybereason Ransomfree 2.2.7 |  Pulla-dePlug Final!

Offline alanrf

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
  • Just an avast user
« Reply #17 on: May 17, 2005, 01:06:35 PM »
Sasha (and clever friends) ... you certainly have the right. 

Chill man chill ... hmm haven't heard that kind of comment since this old man was a lot younger ...

but ok I will.

Offline szc

• Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
« Reply #18 on: May 17, 2005, 01:10:46 PM »
alanrf - I'm sorry, I'm really sorry if I offended you or anyone else somehow. You know that wasn't my or anyone's intention... but sometimes, we really feel sad when people like that guy from the initial post in this thread, comes and never asks for help. Sure we could help him... easily. Someone is always here to jump in. His only intention was just to tell us how he is pissed off with this antivirus. Why ? Because of that little minor problem, that we even can not call a problem ? He should have just asked us, and someone would solve that in just one reply...

Cheers !
MB: GIGABYTE GA-Z77X-UD3H Intel 7 Series  - LGA1155, CPU: Intel Core i5-3570K - Quad Core, 3.40GHz (3.80GHz Max Turbo), CPU COOLER: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO Direct Heat Pipe R2, RAM: 16 GB Kingston HyperX Blu DDR3, VIDEO CARD: Galaxy GeForce GTX 560 Ti - 1GB, GDDR5, POWER SUPPLY: Corsair Enthusiast Series TX750 V2 - 750 Watts, HD: Seagate Barracuda - 2TB, 7200RPM, 64MB, SATA 6Gb/s

Offline TedNelly

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
  • Trust No-One!
« Reply #19 on: May 17, 2005, 01:18:25 PM »

Old curmudgeon I think not after all you where right we are posting in the wrong topic I will be

more selective in the future
Windows 10 Pro | Intel I7 CPU | 16 Gig 2133 RAM | Avast beta 17.5.2295 | Firefox 54 b9(64-bit) | Cyberfox 52.1 | T-Bird 52.1.1 | SpyWareBlaster 5.5 | MalwareBytes 3.0.0.865 | WinPatrol 35.5.2 | GlassWire 1.2.100 | Cybereason Ransomfree 2.2.7 |  Pulla-dePlug Final!

Offline alanrf

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
  • Just an avast user
« Reply #20 on: May 17, 2005, 01:36:17 PM »
Sasha, you didn't offend me .. or I suspect anyone else.  I can (honestly) see the amusing side of this. 

Its not my intent to bring down a fun discussion, my thought was that it should not be up front in a place that is likely to make people who arrive here frustrated or even sometimes scared feel that they will be mocked.

I think that you and the other contributors to this forum provide outstanding help to the users of Avast encountering difficulties.  In that respect I have found it an oasis compared to many others and I hope it will remain welcoming to all (however wierd the problems they claim were caused by Avast - or even AVG).   

Just my 2 cents - I'm off to chill now.

Alan

Offline szc

• Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
« Reply #21 on: May 17, 2005, 01:40:37 PM »
No problem alanrf - yes, you are right... some new people that will come into these forums for help will be most likely desperate seeking for help.. and when they see this, maybe they will not understand immediately... so they can be affraid because all they see is making fun and not helping someone... of course, the truth is completely different, but they don't know that when they first come in here...

I'm glad we solved this one, and I'm sure it will clear everything a little bit...

Cheers !

EDIT: just like in this thread I started recently:

http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=13531.0

When I have some problems with avast! I don't understand, I try to ask nicely... I'm sure I'll get some help. I didn't go and badmouth avast! right away... they also should do the same... just my humble opinion.  :-\
« Last Edit: May 17, 2005, 01:44:26 PM by sZc »

JohnJohn

« Reply #22 on: May 17, 2005, 04:21:16 PM »
I think the guy who posted this may have been talking about avast.

I posted a topic about avasts load up time.

I still didn't get an answer, but if someone could check the thread (avast two minute load at startup!) that would be cool.

Don't waste anymore time talking about this guy. I need help! lol

Offline szc

• Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
« Reply #23 on: May 17, 2005, 04:25:21 PM »
I still didn't get an answer, but if someone could check the thread (avast two minute load at startup!) that would be cool.

Yes, you've got few answers in that thread... but you still haven't found a solution for that problem  ;D

I'll take a look, and I'm sure someone will find that solution for you at the end.

Cheers !

kamulko

« Reply #24 on: May 17, 2005, 04:35:25 PM »
Me and MFB (expecially) were hours on this problem. Today i'm here but the guy seems not totally concentrated now... ;D

kamulko

« Reply #25 on: May 17, 2005, 04:41:32 PM »
I think the guy who posted this may have been talking about avast.

I posted a topic about avasts load up time.

Don't waste anymore time talking about this guy. I need help! lol

I still didn't get an answer?  :o

MFB

« Reply #26 on: May 18, 2005, 12:41:36 AM »
Me and MFB (expecially) were hours on this problem. Today i'm here but the guy seems not totally concentrated now... ;D

Yeah, to be honest...this problem of his is worst then solving a rubix cube.  ;D