Author Topic: Problems with scanning since last update yesterday.  (Read 1790 times)

Kalamah

Problems with scanning since last update yesterday.
« on: August 10, 2012, 06:06:42 AM »
I have avast free antivirus version 7.0.1456, WinXP (fully updated with service packs).

About 24 hours ago I went to do my nightly scan and the scan didn't scan any files. It just finished within a second and reported no files scanned and no threats found. I'm 95% sure I didn't do anything unusual or go to any weird sites between my last successful scan (about 36 hours ago) and now. I tried tinkering with the scan settings and making a custom scan, but again the scan didn't scan any files. I did look at the scan settings before trying the initial scan that failed, but I didn't change anything, and now I'm kind of stumped.

Any ideas about how to fix this?

Diddy

Re: Problems with scanning since last update yesterday.
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2012, 09:50:31 AM »
HI  Kalamah how is it going this evening.  HI I was wondering have you tried an avast repair go to control panel and double  click on add remove programs and then go down the list until you see avast  free antivirus double click on it  and then scroll down until you see repair  and click on that then click on next and let the repair happen then when finished restart your computer.
The avast repair tool will restore avast free antivirus settings back to the way avast was before.

If you have any problems let me now

« Last Edit: August 10, 2012, 10:19:09 AM by Diddy »

Offline igor

• Avast team
  • Serious Graphoman
    • AVAST Software
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2012, 10:47:09 AM »
What scan is that? (what exactly are you scanning?)

Kalamah

« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2012, 08:41:32 PM »
Thanks, Diddy. The problem seems to have fixed itself with a reboot. :) If there's another problem I'll try your method.

Igor, it was the standard computer scan for viruses.