Author Topic: Licence-key avast! Antivirus 4.5 Home Edition  (Read 7498 times)

taco78

Licence-key avast! Antivirus 4.5 Home Edition
« on: January 12, 2005, 10:55:53 AM »
I am really happy with avast! Antivirus, I only have compliments about this program
and really want to thank the programmers and the people behind this company with their great support.

I tried to register my Antivirus it said I will get my Licence-key in 30 minutes but I still don't have it. I have registered twice because the first time I thought I made a mistake with the e-mail adres but the second time I checked twice before I submitted the form. I really hope someone can help me.
A very happy user of avast! Antivirus. :)

Taco.

S.Z.Craftec

Re: Licence-key avast! Antivirus 4.5 Home Edition
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2005, 02:15:29 PM »
Hi and WELCOME to forums taco78 !!!

Chek with your e-mail provider, or check on your computer that you don't have any antispam program active that maybe for some strange reason deletes mails arrived and sent from Alwil. Most likely, your e-mail provider has antispam option activated and by mistake it deletes those mails with your licence key inside.

That's why I don't like those "built-in e-mail accounts" antispam options. Much better if we all have our own antispam tools, where we all can choose ourselves what is legitimate mail and what's not. Deleting e-mails that are arriving to my e-mail by some online program and not letting me to decide what's good and what's bad, is more annoying than spam itself.

Cheers !

taco78

« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2005, 05:51:25 PM »
No I have no spamfiler on my pc and I also checked the settings of my ISP and the spamfilter is also off.

Taco

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2005, 09:08:53 PM »
There is no rush as you can use the trial version for 60 days, unless of course you waited 59 days before registering.

What is your ISP?

There have been reports of one ISP blocking all non-usa domains, can't remember which one but we have seen emails sent (and confirmed sent on these forums) but not received for one particular ISP.

You could try registering again using a different email adress if you have one.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

taco78

« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2005, 09:24:04 PM »
My ISP is @HOME, I have now registered with a new e-mail adres and see what happens now, I am not in a rush, I have installed it yesterday so I have 59 days,
so time enough...

bye bye Norton! ;D lol

Taco

zuijlen

« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2005, 03:33:13 AM »
I have the same problem.  I registered twice with two different e-mail addresses, but until now, did not receive a license key.   

BTW, I like the product, it helped me get rid of the about:blank virus, which in my case, left Norton AntiVirus incapacitated.  I hope I will be able to register in the next 60 days!

Fast

« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2005, 04:04:04 AM »
Hee Taco / Zuijlen. By the looks of your posts I guess that we originate from the same area in Western-Europe.  Yesterday I received a message from my (North-American) mailprovider that it could become difficult for people from my area to send email-messages to the USA because of new spamfilters that are in use by many providers there since last december. These filters do not focus on the name of  your ISP but on the ip-number of the server where your mail is being sent from.

So if the x-originating ip is from, lets say, the Netherlands, it might be possible that the messages won't reach their destination... :(
I guess too many spammers in our region are active right now.... >:( >:( >:(

taco78

« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2005, 03:40:00 PM »
I got my registration code's today. yes code's I got both.
I hope you all have them too.

Taco