Author Topic: Share Shield Number Activity/ Recommend Best Setting  (Read 2070 times)

Offline Avast Eagle

Share Shield Number Activity/ Recommend Best Setting
« on: August 11, 2012, 10:31:22 PM »
Ok i dont know if this is too much but here goes what shows on mine today with default setings:
(Using Windows 7 64bit)

Web Shield: 1861
File System Shield: 2093
Network Shield: 4163
Behavior Shield: 714
Script Shield: 1132

What are your settings on avast and what ya recommend uncheck on monitor settings?
(Cloud Services are obviously disabled)
Since im using NoScript with Firefox, i probably should uncheck firefox on Script Shield expert setting?
« Last Edit: August 11, 2012, 10:36:43 PM by Otaku Ichise »

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: Share Shield Number Activity/ Recommend Best Setting
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2012, 11:29:32 PM »
Personally I would leave avast on the default settings, they are that way to provide a balance between protection and performance.

Given your system spec, you should have no performance issues (?)

The whole point of the resident shields is to provide protection and the script shield does more than just scan firefox browsing.

I have no idea why you would disable cloud services as that provides a valuable resource, e.g. the streaming updates for virus definition updates that shouldn't wait for the next regular update. Also the Reputation Services, helps the File System Shield, AutoSandbox and possible behavior shield.

So the real question is why would you want to do this ?
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline Avast Eagle

« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2012, 04:38:04 AM »
Your right about it, except cloud services could be some extra resources working in the background
while maybe it could interfere playing Phantasy Start Online lol
and no i didnt touch anything except cloud services/ reputation services/ Autosandbox.

LordKitsuna

« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2012, 05:49:04 AM »
I 100% promise you that cloud services will never interfere with your games. The amount of bandwidth used by avast to sync things in the cloud is about as much as it takes to send an email. So unless your on dialup i am sure phantasy start will be just fine with cloud services on.