Author Topic: Malware infection if anyone can help  (Read 8688 times)

Dodgy

Re: Malware infection if anyone can help
« Reply #15 on: August 19, 2012, 07:23:58 PM »
I apologize for not following the instruction.  I assumed I could leave them installed until we were completely finished.
My apologies.

I do have a couple toolbars in my browser that I use sometimes, roboform - password generator and gamers unite for games.  But babylon got there by accident, I got it from trying to download adwCleaner from another site.  For some reason, when I clicked the download link that you provided for me, it would not work on my computer, it did this:

The connection was reset
 PROBLEM LOADING PAGE:
          The connection to the server was reset while the page was loading.

The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Try again in a few
    moments.
  If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer's network
    connection.
  If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure
    that Firefox is permitted to access the Web.
---------------------------------------------------------------
So I found adwCleaner from a different download site that wanted me to put a bunch of crap on my machine to install it. So I clicked to cancel the install..........but I guess it was too late,  babylon took over my computer anyway.
I ended up using my husbands computer to see if your download link for adwCleaner would work from a different computer and it did.  I copied it to a USB stick and ran adwCleaner on my computer.

I uninstalled combofix.
and did as you instructed
and unfortunatly Babylon is still there, in my browser search bar and in the control panel in installed programs.  If you dont want to spend anymore time on this, I will understand.  Thank you for all the time you have spent assisting me, its been very much appreciated.

Offline magna86

• Anti Malware Fighter
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
    • Ambulanta MyCity Forum - ASAP Member
« Reply #16 on: August 19, 2012, 09:54:05 PM »
Hi,
In OTL log i see the same entrys that i wrote i scripts to be deleted. Will you re-run OTLFix one more time?
Then re-run OTL and attach here fresh OTL.txt to see are they gone.

Dodgy

« Reply #17 on: August 20, 2012, 02:43:11 AM »
Apparently we are having some communication problems, I apologize if I have wasted your time.  I reran the fix again, with no luck in it solving the problem.   So, after searching the internet all afternoon, I finally found a fixable work around for the issues with babylon.  Thank you for your time Mr. Magna.