Author Topic: Mobile device: Device Already Registered error  (Read 5430 times)

uabgjn

Mobile device: Device Already Registered error
« on: August 14, 2012, 09:55:20 AM »
Hi,

I am having problems with connecting my mobile device to my Avast! account. I am always getting an answer saying "Device Already Registered".
I have been in contact with Avast! support, but so far without any luck.
I am therefore asking this forum if there is anyone that have seen anything similar and if you know how to solve the problem.

To describe what I did:
-------------------------
* First I created an account via Avast! Mobile Security (beta) using an old e-mail.

* A little bit later I decided that I instead wanted to use another e-mail.
  To do so I first disconnected my device from the old Avast! account by disconnecting the device from within Avast! Moble Security (beta) program.
  I then created a new account using the new e-mail.

* When I wanted to connect my device to the new account I got the statement that my device already was connected to another account.

* I then logged in to the old account, but couldn't find my device. I then deleted the old account to make sure that everything was cleared.

* However, it seems like my device is hanging somewhere in the system. Either stuck towards my old (deleted) account or just hanging on its
  own. I still get the answer that my devide already is connected to another account which it shouldn't be!

Has anyone seen anything similar and is there any known solution to the problem?

Have a nice day ..... Gunnar

reinhardholzner

Re: Mobile device: Device Already Registered error
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2012, 10:19:31 AM »
please send your IMEI to holzner@avast.com

uabgjn

« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2012, 01:49:12 PM »
For everyones information I can just tell that the Avast! team has been very supportive.
My problem is most likely solved with the next beta client update which will be happen shortly.

I will get back with more info when I have loaded the new client.

/ Gunnar

uabgjn

« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2012, 12:43:45 PM »
Hi,

The problemswith "Device Already Registered" has been sorted out and the new Avast! MS client loaded.
Have done a few tests and everything looks OK.

/ Gunnar