Other > Viruses and worms

HELP!!! I got the 80000000, 800000cb, 00000001

<< < (2/3) > >>

Kintama:
THANKS!  I am headed to work now so I will do this first thing tonight.

Kintama:
Here is the quick scan.  I did save that doc that OTL had upon rebooting after I ran your copy/pasted script... If you need that I can upload that too.  I did notice at the top of that .txt it says...

All processes killed
========== OTL ==========
Unable to delete ADS C:\Users\Kintama\AppData\Local\Tempt9gKoCkpgD5yFXH7irDQCZHm .

there were 2 other things it did delete, but that one it didn't.  In case that is a concern.  Like I said, I can upload if you need it. I wasn't sure if it was a file I SHOULDN"T upload cause it might have something in it that I don't want publicly posted.

I will do the ComboFix part of the process next and return with that txt file.  Just in case something fails I'm posting these .txt files at each step.  While my system is already behaving a little better without throwing the 80000000 alerts, I can see that my desktop was altered prior to running OTL... tool bars are gone, I can't view the file extensions, and the icons are mondo size.

Onward to COMBOFIX.... bbiab.

Thanks again,
James

Kintama:
Ok Here's the ComboFixReport.

My network meter shows minimal activity now, the HD is not running non stop, but is still doing a little in the background.. maybe cause of avast.

One thing to note:  I followed the directions and shut off all the shields in Avast, but I wasn't sure how long was required so I said "shut off until next reboot"... had I known ComboFix would reboot and keep running, I'd have said to shut down for an hour.  So I don't know if this will mess up the combofix report, so just letting you know. 

I found an infected file last night when I ran AVAST... it was a DroidRazorRoot.zip file (don't quote me on the name), but 6 weeks ago I rooted my phone and had tried a few different approaches til I got one that worked.  Apparently one was shady, or maybe the author didn't know he was infected.

I have to say thank you once again.  I will go through my other PC's on the network.  Do I need to be concerned about the PS3 that is on the network? I have also had my Xbox on it once since I've had that droid root file.  I just don't want to see this damn virus has moved somewhere and waiting to pounce again.

THANK YOUUUUUU for the help!!!!!!

James

essexboy:
Did you merge the Bits.reg file ?

This generally does not jump on the network, it usually sticks to one computer

How are things now any further problems ?

Kintama:
No I forgot about the bits.txt.  I just tried to run it but its a text file.  It says it can be double clicked to run, but didn't.  I'll have to reread that portion of the instructions to see what I did wrong to download it as a text file.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version