Author Topic: Automatic Scanning of files...  (Read 3254 times)

Offline Vuyo

• I'm a llama!
Automatic Scanning of files...
« on: January 12, 2005, 11:04:23 PM »
How can I set avast!4Home to automatically scan files when I open them in Microsoft Word? When I open a file avast does not seem to scan the file before it opens. I do not know if someone has asked this question, I am very sorry if someone has done so, please direct me to the relevant answer if it already exist.

Thanks.
Win 10 Pro, avast Pro Antivirus, SpywareBlaster v5, SuperAntiSpyware Pro v8.0.1038, Comodo Firewall.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: Automatic Scanning of files...
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2005, 11:16:11 PM »
avast should scan all files before they are opened. You should see the avast icon rotate when files are scanned. You should also see the 'Scanned count:' total number of files scanned increase if you have the Resident Scanners window open.

From this image you should be able to see it and if the Standard Shield is active.

Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2005, 02:34:23 AM »
Vuyo, welcome!
You can follow what David said or, even, add *.doc to the open/created/modified lists of files to be scanned.
See into the Standard Shield settings (click 'Customize')  8)
The best things in life are free.

techie101

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2005, 04:24:25 PM »
Vuyo,

Technical has provided you with a powerful bit of information.  Avast has certain default extensions included in the scanner.  AS you see  now, adding .doc will alert Avast to scan document files.
You can do this with other files as well that you wish to scan before opening.  They can be any file of standard format from any program or utility if you add the extension.

Nice feature huh!

Good luck.