Author Topic: Why is Rundll32 a suspicious behaivor/what does that mean?  (Read 8460 times)

Pokesaver

Re: Why is Rundll32 a suspicious behaivor/what does that mean?
« Reply #15 on: August 17, 2012, 01:26:28 AM »
I could do a boot-time scan, but I think I've worried myself a bit too much here. I
ll relax for a bit then do it.

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
« Reply #16 on: August 17, 2012, 01:29:43 AM »
It wont be more or less infected by that .....
only way is to test it at VT and see if others detect

Pokesaver

« Reply #17 on: August 17, 2012, 01:36:05 AM »
I'll see if I can upload it to VT. I kind of feel safe now, as it was detected a week ago, but no File System Shield alert or anything. It might just be something that avast! is keeping it's eye on.

No use. Can't upload it to VT. I'm done with it for now.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2012, 01:45:10 AM by Pokesaver »

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #18 on: August 17, 2012, 11:52:24 AM »
There is no point in saying "No use. Can't upload it to VT." as we can't offer any suggestion. If we know why it can't be uploaded (errors given, how you were trying to upload it, etc.), then perhaps we can find a means to get round it.

This has nothing to do with A V G that you also have installed, but that has to be uninstalled in the normal way and possibly with another tool.

Uninstall possible remnants of previously installed AVs see, http://singularlabs.com/uninstallers/security-software/, this has a collection of manufactures removal tools, so that should remove any remnants, registry, etc.

####
You have to understand the concept of suspicious activity - I see a many lurking in the shadows so I phone the police - it turns out that he was in the local neighbourhood watch monitoring the area - not suspicious any more. So avast does the same checks out suspicious activity and it may or may not find it legit on investigation.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2012, 11:55:37 AM by DavidR »
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security