Author Topic: Avast 7 free addition is stopping Google Chrome Browser from working at all.  (Read 9445 times)

tessek

I have had both Avast and Google Chrome working together up until this last week. Now I have been trying different ways to solve the issue, many times it works for awhile then it goes back to where Avast is working and Chrome cant load a page. {not even it's own tools} OK, so from there I have reinstalled both programs several times clean. But I get  the same result. The one way I found to work around was to turn off the Web Shield in Avast. That has been fine until today. Now even that is not allowing me to use Google Chrome. I like both programs but I use Firefox as well, two browsers at the same time and I do not plan on changing that. I sure hope someone can help. I wish that Avast itself would figure this out before I have to find a different Anti Virus app. I sure hope someone reads this and has had this issue and resolved it. Also I have ran several other programs looking for trojans and other Malware. I am pretty clean except a few cookies at the  end of a session. My traffic is not in places that you would pick up a lot of Viruses though we all know that they can come from out of the blue. Thank You for reading.
Tessek

chromexp

same as me, I have problem with Avast and Chrome.

Avast is enable, Chrome won't loading any webpage (white blank),

Avast is Disable, Chrome can loading any webpage (can see content and information)

I finally contacted avast team, so their team is look at it.

So.. I am still wait for their update since a week now. (no response from Avast)

selmblad

I'm using the paid version and the same thing happened with Chrome. I had it sandboxed, just to see how that worked through Avast. Removed the sandbox and Chrome stopped loading webpages, wouldn't even load the settings page. I uninstalled/reinstalled Chrome and now it loads webpages but I can't log in to Chrome or Gmail - it says my username or password are wrong. I have no problem with Chrome and loggin into Google services on my Macbook, so it's not a Google account issue.

I ran anti-malware scans with two different products and did a deep scan for viruses. Nothing showed up.

tinziello

We've been having the same problem described above, and I've tried all the remedies already mentioned to no avail.  It seemed to have started around the same time. (Early August/late July).  There must be something in Chrome that registers as something not to allow through the firewall, which is probably in a definition list released recently.  We are using fully updated XP, and the newest version of Chrome/Avast. Hope somebody can figure this out

Offline mchain

• Avast Evangelist
  • Ultra Poster
  • Spartan Warrior
Hi tessek,

Your issues and topic seem to have been overlooked.  My apologies for that.  Sometimes having installed programs that are obsolete and/or out-of-date can cause the out-of-the-blue infections.  Just so you know.

You can have a look here to see if this applies to you:  http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=53253.0  We do not even care if you do not have Avast! on your system anymore, so....

If it does, please attach the following logs from these three programs:  Malwarebytes, OTL, aswMBR.

@ chromexp, selmblad, tinziello:  Please start an unique topic just for you and provide a link to this topic here, so as to not have to redo everything you have written so far.
Windows 10 Home 64-bit 22H2 Avast Premier Security version 24.1.6099 (build 24.1.88821.762)  UI version 1.0.797
 UI version 1.0.788.  Windows 11 Home 23H2 - Windows 11 Pro 23H2 Avast Premier Security version 24.1.6099 (build 24.1.88821.762) UI version 1.0.797