Author Topic: Questions on logs  (Read 2236 times)

jbonome

Questions on logs
« on: August 18, 2012, 06:16:45 AM »
Hi everyone,

I am using Avast (the free version) and I am quite satisfied with it.

I have three questions :

1) I know that Avast scans evey single webpage. My question is : can we look at the list of all the sites that Avast scans, or at least, can we look websites where a virus has been detected by Avast ?

2) How can I have more information about detected files (I want to see which file precisely was contaminated) ? Because I just know for the moment things like "2 dangerous files detected" but I want to know which they are.

3) How can I see all the scan reports ?

Thanks.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: Questions on logs
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2012, 02:06:38 PM »
1. To list all pages/images/objects scanned would be a massive log, just look at the total scanned figures. So by default it only records Infected item and Hard error information.

There is nothing to stop you changing the Expert settings for the web shield to change the Report file settings to include OK items. I feel you would soon tire of this change though.

2. Aside from the fact that that information would be contained in the actual alert, the detection would be recorded as in 1 above.

3. You don't say if this is for on-access or on-demand scans - There is access to the individual Shield log in the Real-Time Shields. For on-demand scans you have the Scan Computer - Scan Logs access.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

jbonome

« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2012, 04:32:16 PM »
Firstly, thank you for your answer.

Sorry but I did not understand everything of what you said :

1) I understood that I cannot see all the pages/images/objets scanned. However, practically, can you explain what's the procedure to look at the infected files/sites/images etc...

2) I also did not understand how to look at all the scan reports since I have installed Avast.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2012, 04:59:13 PM »
1. The paragraph below my point 1 reply is how to change the settings in the Report file.

Quote from: DavidR
There is nothing to stop you changing the Expert settings for the web shield to change the Report file settings to include OK items. I feel you would soon tire of this change though.

Further explanation, from the avastUI, Real-Time Shield, Web Shield, Expert Settings, Report File and add OK files.

2. When you run a scan you have to go to the avastUI, Scan Computer tab to be able to start or modify that scans settings, in that same Scan Computer tab is Scan Logs, double clicking on one of them will bring up that log of the scan.

I suggest a period of time browsing through the avastUI to get used to where things are.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security