Author Topic: "invalid MTD block" while installing Anti-Theft  (Read 13656 times)

rus_kos

"invalid MTD block" while installing Anti-Theft
« on: August 18, 2012, 07:37:13 PM »
Hi everyone.

I'm not new to avast mobile security - I've had to use it before on my old mobile. So, when I bougth my new Hero H9000 (aka Zopo ZP300) I decided to install avast too.
But I had encountered a problem here. I'm using a rooting installation of avast Anti-Theft (my phone IS rooted). After downloading customized installer package and trying to install AAT I get "Invalid MTD block" error for both "Direct Write" and "Recovery Image" methods - screenshots attached.
Any suggestions and help on this error are welcome!!!

reinhardholzner

Re: "invalid MTD block" while installing Anti-Theft
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2012, 10:05:48 AM »
can you send me the mount output from ADB shell?

rus_kos

« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2012, 08:06:09 PM »
can you send me the mount output from ADB shell?

Here you are

rootfs on / type rootfs (rw,relatime)
tmpfs on /dev type tmpfs (rw,nosuid,relatime,mode=755)
devpts on /dev/pts type devpts (rw,relatime,mode=600)
proc on /proc type proc (rw,relatime)
sysfs on /sys type sysfs (rw,relatime)
none on /acct type cgroup (rw,relatime,cpuacct)
tmpfs on /mnt/asec type tmpfs (rw,relatime,mode=755,gid=1000)
tmpfs on /mnt/obb type tmpfs (rw,relatime,mode=755,gid=1000)
none on /dev/cpuctl type cgroup (rw,relatime,cpu)
emmc@android on /system type ext4 (rw,relatime,user_xattr,commit=1,barrier=1,data=ordered,noauto_da_alloc)
emmc@usrdata on /data type ext4 (rw,nosuid,nodev,noatime,user_xattr,barrier=1,data=ordered,noauto_da_alloc)
emmc@cache on /cache type ext4 (rw,nosuid,nodev,noatime,user_xattr,barrier=1,data=ordered,noauto_da_alloc)
/dev/block/vold/179:25 on /mnt/sdcard type vfat (rw,dirsync,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,uid=1000,gid=1015,fmask=0702,dmask=0702,allow_utime=0020,codepage=cp437,iocharset=iso8859-1,shortname=mixed,utf8,errors=remount-ro)
/dev/block/vold/179:25 on /mnt/secure/asec type vfat (rw,dirsync,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,uid=1000,gid=1015,fmask=0702,dmask=0702,allow_utime=0020,codepage=cp437,iocharset=iso8859-1,shortname=mixed,utf8,errors=remount-ro)
tmpfs on /mnt/sdcard/.android_secure type tmpfs (ro,relatime,size=0k,mode=000)

reinhardholzner

« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2012, 12:32:41 PM »
hm it looks as if your system was located on the MMC?

rus_kos

« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2012, 05:12:44 AM »
hm it looks as if your system was located on the MMC?
Not MMC though, but eMMC.

Wikipedia says
eMMC describes an architecture consisting of an embedded storage solution with MMC interface, flash memory and controller, all in a small ball grid array (BGA) package.

reinhardholzner

« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2012, 02:10:09 PM »
ok i see - can you try if you can execute this command as SU shell:

mount -o rw,remount emmc@android /system

? thanks!

rus_kos

« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2012, 03:35:25 PM »
mount -o rw,remount emmc@android /system

It goes ok.

uid=10091 gid=10091 groups=1015,3003@android:/ $ export PATH=/data/local/bin:$PATH
uid=10091 gid=10091 groups=1015,3003@android:/ $ su
uid=10091 gid=10091 groups=1015,3003@android:/ # mount -o rw,remount emmc@android /system
uid=10091 gid=10091 groups=1015,3003@android:/ #
« Last Edit: August 23, 2012, 05:30:47 PM by rus_kos »

reinhardholzner

« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2012, 03:52:37 PM »
OK I'll fix, it will be published into next official update of AMS.

rus_kos

« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2012, 06:12:55 PM »
OK I'll fix, it will be published into next official update of AMS.

Thank you very much. I really appreciate your help.

akere

« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2012, 01:27:58 AM »
Hi,

I have the same issue. My phone is rooted also but when I try to execute: mount -o rw,remount emmc@android /system it says operation not permitted.
Please advice.

Regards

rus_kos

« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2012, 04:30:15 PM »
Hi,

I have the same issue. My phone is rooted also but when I try to execute: mount -o rw,remount emmc@android /system it says operation not permitted.
Please advice.

Regards

Do you execute "su" before executing "mount -o rw,remount emmc@android /system" ?

akere

« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2012, 12:23:39 AM »
Hi,

Please advice.

Regards

Do you execute "su" before executing "mount -o rw,remount emmc@android /system" ?

With su mounts great and my system folder gets rw permission but still invalid block when trying to install avast as root

rus_kos

« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2012, 06:05:22 AM »
The update to this error is not released yet. You have to wait when avast gets official update on market.

akere

« Reply #13 on: August 28, 2012, 01:45:30 AM »
I really like all the options on avast especially the anti-thief. Great feature and i would suggest you to make a hidden pictures from the front camera if possible in the next release:).  Even i am using it on my PC and recommend it to all my friends. Since this is a place to report bugs i would like to point another issue. If i make a hidden call (to get the phone number of the changed SIM card) from my avast account the screen goes black which should hide this action. But when i close the calling the screen still stays black which is hard to remove with any button pressing. The only way to gain a control of my menu is to restart the phone. I am using ICS 4.0.3. Does this is the same for other versions of android or is there any way to return my menu without restarting the phone?

reinhardholzner

« Reply #14 on: August 28, 2012, 02:01:16 PM »
is the call going to the mailbox? then we can not detect this which is a typical result