Author Topic: Cannot Install Anti-Theft Upgrade  (Read 33501 times)

Aharrold

Re: Cannot Install Anti-Theft Upgrade
« Reply #45 on: August 07, 2013, 01:47:24 AM »
Hi, I'm on an HTC One, running v4.2.2
Problem I'm seeing is that I'm being notified there's a new update available. When selecting it I'm asked for my pin number, This the opens an update software page with "The following 1 software upgrades are ready for you in avast! Anti-Theft 3.0.5630:" and 2 option buttons, Back & Google Play. Selecting Google Play opens the page of Update Agent, 2 options are Open, and Deactivate. Clicking deactivate and I get a message This app is a device administrator and must be deactivated. I've tried loads of options in programme settings but to no avail? Any ideas?

reinhardholzner

« Reply #46 on: August 07, 2013, 09:25:40 AM »
the reason is that the update is not yet published on Google Play. This usually takes some time.

IT_Scooter

« Reply #47 on: August 13, 2013, 12:30:50 AM »
Hi, I'm on an HTC One, running v4.2.2
Problem I'm seeing is that I'm being notified there's a new update available. When selecting it I'm asked for my pin number, This the opens an update software page with "The following 1 software upgrades are ready for you in avast! Anti-Theft 3.0.5630:" and 2 option buttons, Back & Google Play. Selecting Google Play opens the page of Update Agent, 2 options are Open, and Deactivate. Clicking deactivate and I get a message This app is a device administrator and must be deactivated. I've tried loads of options in programme settings but to no avail? Any ideas?

I'm using an ASUS TF700, I have the exact same scenario. This has been the case for about a week now. How long before the update is actually in Google Play???

IT_Scooter

« Reply #48 on: August 15, 2013, 12:35:27 AM »
The update finally made it to Google Play

REDACTED

« Reply #49 on: November 15, 2014, 12:07:10 PM »
I lost my phone and i installed this anti theft app .............. what to do now ... how to trace my phone??

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
« Reply #50 on: November 15, 2014, 04:19:44 PM »
I lost my phone and i installed this anti theft app .............. what to do now ... how to trace my phone??
-> http://www.avast.com/faq.php?article=AVKB116
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0