Author Topic: Multiple infected files found, why can I only repair one of them?  (Read 2809 times)

rovdog

I'm using Avast Free for Mac- and I found multiple infections of very old MS Word documents all with the same virus. I knew the problem was with my MS WORD docs so I spotlight searched all my .doc files and dragged them into Avast.

Avast effectively can repair the infected file (I know because when I open the repaired file with MS word it no longer gives me a warning about opening a file with Macro Viruses) - but Avast does not seem to give me the option to repair the other files it found once I have repaired one file.

After repairing one file I move down and select the next file and I no longer have the option to repair or any other option other than to export. I suspect I might be doing something wrong since it seems obvious that I should be able to repair multiple files in the same session but I'm not sure what. Any help is appreciated! Thanks!

Offline krahulik

• Avast team
Re: Multiple infected files found, why can I only repair one of them?
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2012, 04:48:26 PM »
Hello,
  I have tested the repair with the latest build (37431) and you should be capable to repair multiple files in the same session (one by one).

The current limitation is that you cannot select and repair multiple items at once, you have to select a file, repair it, select another one and repair it. We are aware of the issue, however fix of this means a rather big change in the code due to internal optimizations for a large amount of scanned files.