Author Topic: Avast WebRep not working in IE9 after update to 7.0.1466 (SOLVED)  (Read 2653 times)

Offline mbd35

Both Avast and IE9 say that the add-on is installed and enabled for IE9, but I don't see the little green bar rating for websites and there aren't any ratings in search results. I even tried uninstalling and then reinstalling Avast and it's still not showing up. Is it just broken in this version? Or how do I fix this?

Using Windows Vista Home Premium.

EDIT: It's working fine in Firefox, just not IE. I googled and can't find anyone else having the same problem.

EDIT: The little bars aren't appearing as gray either. I'm not getting the WebRep icon in IE9 at all. It's as if it's not installed.

EDIT: I'm not sure _why_ this is solved, but... I thought that toolbars might be messed up in IE in general. So I installed the "ASK" bar, and sure enough, it didn't show up. Then I uninstalled that, and installed the Google bar. Then for whatever reason, that worked correctly after installing, and WebRep started working too. Computers are weird.

EDIT: Turns out that third party browser extensions are turned off by default in IE9's advanced settings. I had those settings set to default and that's why the extensions were blocked. I normally use Firefox so I didn't know this.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2012, 07:45:09 AM by mbd35 »