Author Topic: Outlook add-in does not work  (Read 3816 times)

ambrit

Outlook add-in does not work
« on: August 24, 2012, 10:15:25 AM »
I have updated to 7.0.1466 but the Outlook Add In is STILL not working. I am using Outlook

2010. I can enable it manually in Outlook AddIn manager and it works for that session. However

when I close and re open Outlook the add in is not being loaded.

I have followed all of the advice in previous posts including reinstalling, checking the

registry entries etc.

I have tried to register asOutExt.dll manually with no success.

Last night after 3 hours of battling I used aswclear.exe and re installed Avast completely.

Still no joy. This very frustrating. Does anyone have a solution that actually works?

This is happening on all our machines. We are using Windows 7 Pro 32bit and Outlook 2010. One

is a dual processor another a quad processor. No other antivirus software is being used.

John

Offline petr_matrix

• Avast team
  • avast! programmer
    • AVAST Software
Re: Outlook add-in does not work
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2012, 10:44:52 AM »
Hi ambrit,
we have already discussed this issue here http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=103687.msg831591#msg831591.
This should fix your problem.

Petr

ambrit

« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2012, 04:33:32 PM »
THANK YOU! Can I just say I have been contacting support about this and they have ignored my POLITE posts. Also why do WE have to poke about the registry to fix this?

Sorry but support these days seems very poor indeed IMHO.

John

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2012, 04:48:37 PM »
If you use the support ticket thing, each time that you bump it but responding it drops down the chronological order. So I don't know if that is the issue. But I would say the forums get a much faster response, more people (avast users) eager to help 24/7, even though an avast team member answered this topic.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

ambrit

« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2012, 11:34:44 AM »
Afraid not. Ticket been there for 2 months unanswered. Seems the way of the world these days - Forums as opposed to direct support.

I would rather personally support my clients but there you go. Anyway all working after 4 months of hassle. Thanks to the community. Not so sure about Avast!

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2012, 01:25:37 PM »
Sorry, looks like it dropped through a hole in the system.

This is why I have always preferred a forum as such (no matter whose) rather than and auto ticketing system for any question I might have. Some forums however, are not much better, fortunately the avast forum is usually very quick to respond.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

ambrit

« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2012, 10:14:50 AM »
Not at all. Been in contact with Tomas Princ personally and even he ignores emails. So you cannot blame the ticketing system. There is an inherent rudeness in the support section. Sorry but it needs to be addressed to provide any credibility and encourage me to renew my multiple licenses in 2 weeks.