Author Topic: automatic shutdown after scan complete  (Read 3709 times)

Offline jack63ss

automatic shutdown after scan complete
« on: September 30, 2012, 04:39:56 PM »
I have a problem where my system will sometimes shutdown if I leave it running overnight. I have run into this problem a couple of times and narrowed it down to:

The process winlogon.exe has initiated the restart of SUPERSPORT for the following reason: No title for this reason could be found
 Minor Reason: 0xff
 Shutdown Type: shutdown
 Comment: avast! Antivirus - scan complete

I checked the event logs and it shows this error 3 times in the last 5 weeks, which sounds about right. The system is a desktop and set to never sleep or hibernate, so it looks like it is avast! completing that is causing the shutdown. Has anyone ever seen anything like this ?
Thanks

Offline zilog

• Avast team
  • Advanced Poster
  • or #f0; daa; add a,#a0; adc a,#40
Re: automatic shutdown after scan complete
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2012, 11:12:41 AM »
I have a problem where my system will sometimes shutdown if I leave it running overnight. I have run into this problem a couple of times and narrowed it down to:

The process winlogon.exe has initiated the restart of SUPERSPORT for the following reason: No title for this reason could be found
 Minor Reason: 0xff
 Shutdown Type: shutdown
 Comment: avast! Antivirus - scan complete

I checked the event logs and it shows this error 3 times in the last 5 weeks, which sounds about right. The system is a desktop and set to never sleep or hibernate, so it looks like it is avast! completing that is causing the shutdown. Has anyone ever seen anything like this ?
Thanks

Hallo,
seems like you're in a wrong sub-forum - this has probably nothing to do with the Mac version :).

Regards,
pc
May's Law: Software efficiency halves every 18 months, compensating Moore's Law. (David May, INMOS)