Author Topic: Latest update hangs/freezes Browser  (Read 2310 times)

drew316

Latest update hangs/freezes Browser
« on: August 25, 2012, 05:38:38 PM »

On two computers:

Firefox, latest version
Avast Free, latest
Comodo firewall, latest
Sandboxie, latest

One computer is win7 64 bit; the other is Vista 32 bit.

Some sites work and some times sites just sit there "not responding and then this pale white comes over the screen.

Happening a lot on both computers as of when the Avast was program updated a few days ago.

Sometimes a site will work or not, like in facebook and elsewhere.  May have to do with something specific sometimes loading on the sites.

Sometimes I see the Avast icon turning and sometimes it is not turning when this happens.

I know better than to call cust support because last time Avast made a problem (and later fixed it) cust support tried to blame me for having anything on the computer except only Avast and tried to make me buy expensive services; they were awful.

cyclist21

Re: Latest update hangs/freezes Browser
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2012, 06:56:26 PM »
drew316, I am glad you posted this message because I am having the same type of issue except the Avast icon is usually spinning. I also suspect that it has something to do with the latest Avast update. I am not sure what to do about it other than let Avast support know and check it out. However, I don't want to have the same experience you had with customer support, yikes! What do you think, do you have any other ideas?

MAG

« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2012, 07:01:58 PM »
There are various other posts about clashes between avast and comodo FW following the latest updates (of both).

eg http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=97233.0

No solution that I know of yet (and none likely if I'm reading the thread correctly).
« Last Edit: August 25, 2012, 07:06:00 PM by mag »

drew316

« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2012, 11:56:14 PM »
just happened now and the icon was not turning.

-

is there a way to roll back that update to the previous version?  or where to get the previous version to install instead of this one?
« Last Edit: August 25, 2012, 11:58:52 PM by drew316 »