Author Topic: RPC error ?!  (Read 24266 times)

RonaldLeussink

Re:RPC error ?!
« Reply #15 on: February 20, 2003, 07:50:18 AM »
When I click on Start and Run and than put in "net start aswmon2" there is a little black screen that appears and disappears very quickly.

Do I have to start a Dos command line (Start --> Run --> Cmd) and if "yes" in what map do I have to put the command (where do I have to be)?

Offline Vlk

• Avast CEO
  • Serious Graphoman
  • Please don't send me IM's. Email only. Thx.
    • ALWIL Software
« Reply #16 on: February 20, 2003, 08:35:42 AM »
Sorry; it disappears because it completes very quickly. You're right that to see the results, you should start it from the command line. You can be anywhere, because the net program that you're executing is on your PATH (if you have no idea what I'm talking about, just don't worry about it... ;)).

Thanks
Vlk
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving's not for you.

RonaldLeussink

« Reply #17 on: February 20, 2003, 09:51:16 PM »
"net start aswmon2" and "net start aavmker4" lead to the same errormessage:

Systemerror 2.

The system cannot find the given file.

The error appears wherever I give the command. I've checked again and must conclude that aswmon2.sys en aavmker4.sys really are in c:\windows\system32\drivers.

My path is:
PATH=C:\WINDOWS\system32;C:\WINDOWS;C:\WINDOWS\System32\Wbem

Do you (still) think there will be any possibility that we could get Avast! running on my PC? I still hope so ! Thank you for your cooperation so far.

djalmir

« Reply #18 on: February 21, 2003, 09:56:56 AM »
Can't start ashserv.exe  RPC is running.  I've started aswmon2 and aavmker4 from the command prompt.  I'm running XP with all the current updates as of today feb. 20th.  I scanned my system using a MS tool and can not verify one patch which has to do with the msxml.dll files.  I can't use the WMI control utility because my system id denying access.  Using the MMC for Services I get the error the AVAST service fail because it did not start in a timely fashion.  I tried changing logins for this service but no success.  Hope this helps.

RonaldLeussink

« Reply #19 on: February 21, 2003, 02:45:37 PM »
I don't understand the comment from Djalmir. What can I do with it. It looks that I cannot start aswmon2 en aavmker4 from the command prompt, so the rest of his comment is not useful for me.

Can someone please help me to get Avast running? I've installed it on other PC's and partitions (XP and 98) and there it is running very well. But on the XP (Home Edition Dutch) partition I work with I cannot get it running.

Offline Vlk

• Avast CEO
  • Serious Graphoman
  • Please don't send me IM's. Email only. Thx.
    • ALWIL Software
« Reply #20 on: February 22, 2003, 10:21:12 AM »
Just a thought: the other partitions (with the other OS's), do they also have Dutch version of Windows? It could be something related to this special language version...

I still can't figure out why is it giving the 'file not found' message when all files are actually there...  ???

Thanks
Vlk
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving's not for you.

RonaldLeussink

« Reply #21 on: February 22, 2003, 01:40:06 PM »
I have two more XP home edition Dutch installed on two other partitions and one W98 Dutch. All those three do not have any problem.

Offline Roman Svihalek

• Avast team
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #22 on: February 24, 2003, 01:26:18 PM »
What is the name of program files folder in Dutch version of Windows? (I mean folder which is on English version named Program Files)

RonaldLeussink

« Reply #23 on: March 02, 2003, 08:26:18 PM »
The Dutch name is the same as the Englisch one: Program Files.